News Dev Stream on Monday, 14.11.2016 | 8pm CET

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 11, 2016.

1. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Like the new look of the menus and single player updates for all the people wanting those!

Really can't wait to give that KTM a try as I'm sure it'll be a crazy handful.

Also, that "Formula Raceroom US" data display made me even more convinced it might be some kind of Indycar-style open wheeler :D!

Multiplayer changes in the future are interesting. As long as the licenses don't limit WHAT I can drive but instead just tries to put me with equally skilled players then I'm totally down for that! Reputation system to encourage people to stick around sounds good as well :)

Simbin news is interesting considering it can still be almost anything at this point. Could be more hardcore and realistic or more open and less realistic, or even could just be addition/transition from/for/to Raceroom. Moving towards multi-platform obviously opens a lot more doors as well, so quite intriguing!

VR stuff with make all the rich people happy, doesn't matter at all to me :p Similar with Triple monitor, SLI, and Crossfire support.

More open wheelers! I know it's not what most people like, but I love them :)

O M F G DEFINITELY THE INDYCAR YES! And it's the new ones not the 2012 ones everyone already has :D! CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT!

Already preparing myself for the influx of complaints in the second week of December when the patch isn't immediately released :p

Overall really good news and looking forward to tomorrow and the future :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Well, it'll be December in Sonat time(Patent pending). :D

3. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon - I think you mentioned hood cams towards the end of the stream, but I was a bit distracted so I did not hear exactly what you said. Is there any change to the hood cams? That would be much appreciated.

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully more American Tracks come with those Indycars :)

Rest sounds really good

+1 on the theory that r3e is looking into becoming a stronger iracing alternative

we will see what the other title will bring, maybe they will let that become the more traditional offline game, while r3e enhances its online features.

Gonna be tough competition between forza, assetto corsa, gran turismo etc... will see. I hope for something more "game" like, in the sense that it has more atmosphere, like some of the codemasters games, an actual pit crew and such. Although that is kinda expensive to make content wise, still would differentiate to the other games I think... basically a "GRID"/"TOCA" type of game with their physics. I'd rather see a "round" experience around very few series, than the "lots of cars and tracks, but sterile" type of simulators.
    Where r3e is the "online" career, that other game could be the "offline" career.

• Like Like x 4
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Was only mentioning DoF effect visible from hood cam, blurring the nearfield track surface!

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just to give you enough time to change your signature line. ^^

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    "Support for SimXperience Accuforce steering wheels"
    Thank you!

8. CCKaren

CCKaren Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    The generic dash is being killed off so the rest of the patch could be fart noises and I'd still be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    The fart noise exhaust note will be coming in the December patch

10. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Best part is they never said which December;) just kidding

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Great stream, but what happened to the M235i?

Also, how would the Premium packs work? Do I only can buy them once? Or the pack changes with more content added?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  12. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    Exactly.
    You can buy the Premium Pack once, and it will contain everything that is in store at that particular moment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    How about in the future? When the premium packs get new content added to them?

I really do not mind buying premium pack top ups once in a while to get all content in one go. Sort of how the packs work now. I Would like to deal with the free to play model less.

Or even some sort of quarterly season pass. I'll be happy to buy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    So depending on how much content has been released since ones last purchase it may be cheaper to set up a new account? There really need to be some sort of loyalty program coming because this just seems to actively discourage buying things a la carte, ironically what the business model at first glance seems to be all about. And no, I don't consider not having to pay for content I already own when I grab a bundle a loyalty program.

Seeing the talk of safety ratings, esports and in general a more competitive online structure is AWESOME, but do consider borrowing iRacings loyalty programs as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nope, iirc it will consider the owned content and deduct accordingly. Correct me if I'm wrong tho Georg.

16. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Meaning there will be a cut off line where it's cheaper to make a new steam account and buy the pack again.

Not even that massive of a cut off point considering the pricing on things like the Nords, DTM etc.

Edit: At the very least make the pack re-buyable, like the GT3 pack when it receives updates.

17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    If you choose to pass on new content for 2 years only to buy the premium pack again with a new account, that is up to you. You would miss out though in my opinion :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    So milk the core playerbase for what it's worth. Gotcha.

Edit: Coming across as needlessly harsh here, not really my intention. I do hope you look into a pricing model that doesn't actively encourage the consumer to game the system/resort to spreadsheets to see where the cutoff point is to make a new steam account though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    question : when didn't they milk the core playerbase? :D

but i'll sure have a look at those packs, some series don't catch my interest at all, some calculation needs to be done for sure if it's worth or not.

20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    so it's time for ... WATKINS GLEN!!! pls :)

• Like Like x 2