News Dev Stream on Monday, 14.11.2016 | 8pm CET

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see the Glen coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    did they talk about any new weather packs? dust, fog, dawn ... so simple stuff to include and nothing done on it.

okay, so i got my 'Disappointment' again :cry::confounded::cryingcat::disrelieved:

:laughing:

3. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Second that. And Sebring plus long Brands...

• Like Like x 2
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    There are lots of ways you can parse how much of a deal this is currently, or will be in the future. I think there are probably so many different ways to look at it, there simply isnt an optimal way.

That said, this pack is 9,999vRP. If you buy the 10k vRP off the RaceRoom store, that makes the full game ~65 Euros I believe. Pretty good value for all that is there, especially if you wait a month when Silvertstone, TT RS, and whatever else releases in the next few weeks. Presumably though, you already own content... So, like currently, you will get an owned content discount for the premium pack. So you wont need to pay the full 9999 vRP to get the rest of what you dont own.

Similarly, once you own the premium pack, there will be owned content discounts on what may be released in the future, such as the gt3 cars.

Needless to say, there will always be complaints, as is apparent.

One thing to leave you with though... The game is getting a premium pack where you will get everything in the game. Currently, there is no such premium pack. I think the benefit to the player base should be obvious since this is being added in. Since there currently isnt any way to buy all the content for one set price. They could have just not included this option, and left everyone paying a lot more for the content... The addition of this option should not be entirely thrown out just because there are a few nit picks for prices of future content and speculation that it may eventually be cheaper to make a 2nd account and rebuy the premium pack a 2nd time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Lovin' the "back in 2 hours" optimism, swear it was mentioned last night that it would be down most of the day, do us all a favour Georg Ortner and let us know on here when we can sample this enigmatic patch, do hate the disappointment of the 10 minute refresh process, so demeaning! :D

6. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Not arguing the premium pack is a bad thing, it's a really good thing and I think it will bring in quite a few people who have been on the fence. I'm not arguing against the pack at all. Only that it's a one time deal. In our hobby it's not uncommon for people to have to give it up for a while, due to no longer having the space, getting kids etc.

My ONLY real complaint about the premium pack as it stands (that I have no intention of grabbing as it stands since I only really lack the Audi LMP1) is that someone coming back into the hobby could easily find themselves in a situation where it'll be significantly cheaper to set up a new account then to come back to their old one. Something that could cause weirdness with the upcoming safety rating system as well as consumer annoyance at finding oneself with two steam accounts.

With that said, still really looking forward to the servers coming back up to try that new AI. As well as december patch hype.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I really think there needs to be a way to buy content all in one go for existing players. Like some sort of discount based on the content the account own so far. I don't mind it is a season pass or some sort of expansion pack, just let players like me to buy everything in one transaction.

Since you are adding a way for players to buy everything in one go, why not allow existing players to do so? Why cant R3E move from this microtransactions style business model to an expansion style business model?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have no probs with S3 offering this premium pack, I have no problem with the (at the moment) weekly sales or any sales, it brings in new people and the more the merrier but what I do find a little hard to take is why there is no benefit to the many that own everything, if it's easy enough for the store to deduct the cost if part of a pack is owned, why is it not possible to have some sort extra discount the more you own?
    Must admit the loyalty bonus mentioned earlier in the year didn't even get a mention last night and before anyone asks why I didn't ask the question when I had the opportunity, well, I forgot, got so excited with what I was hearing that I plain forgot! :mad: the blow was cushioned by the plethora of WIP revealed, got to say I am liking the direction being taken by S3 with regards to multiplayer, ranking system, leagues etc, tiz the future and what with VR imminent and some amazing prizes up for grabs I have a feeling it's gonna get awful busy around here soon!
    Onwards and upwards, new employee also, well chop, chop, show yourself, I think a few people may have a few questions, I'll start, people had triple screens before they had VR so why are we behind in queue? :p only joking, welcome new person!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but the premium pack offers very little for me and possibly complicates the business model even further.

Surely offering loyalty discounts as the player owns more and more content is the way forward?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Currently there is no sound on the Dev stream..

11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Just checked and there seems to be sound.

12. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm none my end...oh crap I forgot I muted the PC earlier..:oops:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Nice to see the new assortment of the new data displays..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, very pumped about those. Though I was sad to see all the cars in the trailer were still using the generic LCDs, ah well at least we know they're on their way.

15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    And that loyalty discount is still missing. To be honest, I really do not understand why this game needs such a complicated business model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You shouldn't forget that every new piece of content will be offered with a xx % discount at some point and as Georg mentioned, every car will be available in a pack of some sorts. So if you're calculating [dismiss bought content and go for premium a 2nd time] vs [keep adding to the content you already got] you should bear that in mind and you'll see that it'd take many, many new items before that cut-off is reached cause it won't be like get everything at 90 % discount or buy new stuff at 0 % but more like 90 to 70 or whatever.
    I think you're the man to apply for a coder position at SimBin. :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Everytime S3S do a new statement that just slightly affect the prizing of cars/tracks/packs, a prizing debate brakes loose...

I don't get it. It's the DLC, microtransaction times we live in. Every software (not only games) get extra content you have to pay for after it's release, photo software get new filters, tax software get new bank account functions... but the best part of all this is, you are not forced to buy it.

...but if I think a little bit more about it, it has been all the same even 20 years ago... you couldn't get enough of roasting Kilrathi in Wing Commander? Ok, you could buy a mission pack. You were a RPG fanatic and you were sad that the main quest of Ultima 7 suddenly just ended after a playtime of 7.432 hours? Ok, you bought the Serpent Island expansion. Hey, you had all the time in the world to play these games? Ok, you bought a bundle some months later (nowadays called GOTY edition).

I think it's a shame to state the DLCs are too expensive. With the new content to buy, all the work for the new features and improvements that everyone of us gets for free have also to be bankrolled... beside the work for the enjoyment you get with the just new bought stuff.

I think I am a core player and I don't think I am the milk cow for anyone. Yes, I am that early adopter guy, I have to pay more... I know I have to pay more, so what?! I want it now! I am happy for every new buyer of R3E that he can get the best sim available with all its content for 65 Euro. I hope there will be a lot of new buyers/players/fans!

After months of silence and now IMO an awesome dev stream with tons of infos and new announced features, to nag about the prizing is just a shame. A list mentioning so much things coming up and people just pick one point out where the think they get a disadvantage.

I don't want to offend anyone, but this just made me angry and so I just decided to write my thoughts down.

Last but not least I want to thank S3S for all the announcements and the hard work to make this happen!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's kind of stuck with it, I suppose.

I don't mind the a la carte sales model to be honest, I just wish there was more of an incentive to keep buying the iterative content (the WTCC, DTM and ADAC seasons). A loyalty scheme was strongly hinted at many months ago so it's disappointing to hear that it's not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Sven Wever

Sven Wever Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    HI... First post here.
    But DAMN! I hear great things for the future! Guys made my day... and for sure many more to come.
    If all that rating stuff will be a true thing, this could be a game changer!
    And above all that..... SIMBIN with UE4?!!!
    Now take my money and CODE!
    ( and quality takes time,... Please dont rush things out.. )
    Thanx and goodluck!

20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nobody said that it's not going to happen. Just because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean there won't be anything like that in the future. I agree tho that it'd be nice and a deserved gesture. And the sooner it comes the better, not arguing that.

• Like Like x 2