DFGT Service?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by David Plummer, Aug 9, 2015.

1. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    I'm using a pre-owned DFGT and its starting to sound a little worn (i have put an ton of hours on it myself). My question is this, can i open it up and re-grease the internal parts for a smoother feel? or have i got it completely wrong?

Many Thanks

2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I have one you can have if you wanna pay the postage. It may develop a double up-shift after long use, but the internals are fine if you'd rather try and fix an up-shift button, or use it for spares. Having said that, it may not do it at all I haven't tried it on PC .. Still boxed with pedals.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    it has plastic parts(cogs) and i don't believe any grease is involved.

but yes you can open it up the system is quite simple some screws on bottom and the plastic casing comes straight off and you can see the inside. and anything that would be needing grease is easily accessible.

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The only thing I've ever done with mine is open the pedals up and remove all the hair and dust from the lions, tigers, and bears that apparently visit my room while I'm sleeping. That was daunting enough. Good luck!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have opened completely taken apart and put back together a put back together a driving force EX. the wheels are really simple, user friendly and self explanatory (one of the reasons i love Logitech). the reason my 'EX' died is i worked it so hard the plastic completely perished considering it is 8 years old it wasn't a bad life. the gt seems to have one weakness which is a small plastic disk in rotation sensor that can crack after a lot of use but even that is a easy fix as these disks are easily found in old mouse (and even in brass).

6. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply's guys, @machwebb thats really good of you to offer your wheel buddy, im going to try and 'service' this one but if its had its day ill speak with you about your wheel if thats ok.

• Like Like x 1
  7. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome maan...