DiRT 4 announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tobias Schröder, Jan 26, 2017.

1. nickyjj2011

nickyjj2011 Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    played dirt 4 then played dirt rally omg what have they done, even the graphics dont look as good. the big problem is they said the physics would be better than dirt rally and this isnt the case. maybe a few patches might fix the problems hopefully :0

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As I have only a medium fast PC I always had trouble with the gfx settings during beta phase of DR and a while after, but then they implemented some update via patch and with recommended medium settings all looked fine with good FPS , so there's a good chance Codies might enhance D4 via patches /fixes same way...with anything else, guess they would lose a lot of customers..

3. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I agree with a lot of you regarding poor graphics, poor physics, poor ffb and poor performance. It's all a huge step backwards from Dirt Rally.

I'm also very disappointed with the stage generator, which generates boring, generic stages completely without interesting trackside objects, unique sections etc., making them all feel just the same and without any character at all.

The locations themselves aren't all that interesting either. They could have been, but they aren't, much because of the poor graphics and total lack of trackside objects.

The good parts include approaching the marshal to end the stage and the service area, but that's about it.

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, as from what you read via reviews it seems that Codies fall back to their "we-promise-a-lot-but-in-the-end-it's just -console-mainstream-again" policy.
    Makes you wonder why they'd started the DR-Experiment anyway....or why they rushed for releasing DIRT 4 - guess they're big players nowadays, who could afford to take their time, or not ? (Compared to Sector 3)

5. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    The stages aren't even really random, they just rearrange the same set terrain blocks and after a few stages you start seeing the same sections, sometimes more than once in the same stage. :confused: