Dirt 4 - FFB help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by boskapongen, Jun 10, 2017.

1. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Coming from RRE & AC thought i give Dirt 4 a try...
    Have massive problems to get the FFB to work properly. Its worse then Forza.
    Dont feel the road, "floating" and wheelbase feels is like its driven by rubberbands....
    Is the FFB really this bad? Feels like they just "threw" in some random/universal FFB support.

Does anyone have any FFB suggestions that will help...refund is close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Personally I haven't bought it yet given the barrage of bad reviews the game is getting on Steam. Please do not expect RRE or AC quality of FFB, because that will simply not happen. Dirt Rally had OK FFB at best.

If I were you, and you could muster some patience, I would refund and wait a week or two while they release some patches to address issues of the physics, since those dictate the FFB as well. They will surely release those in the upcoming weeks given the huge negative response from the sim-racing community. I'm disappointed but hopeful.

P.S. And write your feedback on their bug report threads because they really do read and consider them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, for DR there are some FFB Mods and guess for Dirt 4 it might take some time as Codies usually throw some patches in (like for DR) or until a community-based FFB Mod is coming...but also find the user feedback discouraging so far, while I thought about giving Dirt 4 a try....

4. GrimeyDog

GrimeyDog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    It even Looks worse than DR---> and No SLI support WTFo_O-->:mad:

5. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Had to stop playing, got angry. Cars on tarmac its so bad its unplayable. Cars are floating, abolsutely no road feel.
    Road gives no feedback to me at all. Maxed the tire and wheel friction to max:150. Nothing.
    Jumped in to other racing games just to make sure wheel is ok, and no problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Played it today, seemed fine to me. I mean its not the best but i have seen way worse ... Also don't forget this is dirt 4 not dirt rally 2. It's supposed to be accessible not accurate =)

7. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Try historic car, like BMW on Terragona, Spain. Tarmac and report back :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    ahhhhhh ... to be fair, even in dirt rally the historic cars were already a hit and miss. Nothing changed i can see XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Seriously, I cant really see where that "too much grip" statement I hear from a lot of people comes from.Have they only driven the R2s?Cause the Sierra or the M3 are still a handful everywhere.Maybe because the cars aren't deathtraps ready to send you into orbit for going 1cm wide anymore?I think thats an improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Internet at it´s best... Bad graphics nonsens, arcade physics nonsens, grip for days nonsens, and of course ffb nonsens as always everywhere :D

I laught hard the last days. Comparison videos with complete different locations, daytime, weather over complains about bad graphics because the guy saw a video... A video that looked like lowest possible settings and recorded with 1mbit so crap² :D

Tbh this game is great, i have fun. For me the cars handle believable/as i would expect.

Nice improved/extended career mode/team/car management, more multiplayer modes ect. Big step forward from DiRT Rally in this points and of course it contains every improvement from DiRT Rally.

Happy that they finally sorted the input device weirdness (every CM game had from 10 years ago or longer) so you can now use every device thats plugged in and not only the one on which you pressed start at first... Also finally a borderless window mode, and some new useful replay mode functions...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Dam really, that's a bit concerning seeings your a beta tester here..
    Again really, so you have got a hand brake to work then using a separate device? for me the game could see all the connected devices, but wont allow you to configure them all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Squanchy

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    The "too much grip" complaint is coming from a lot of people who played Dirt Rally, and were expecting similar handling and physics because that's exactly what Codemasters repeatedly promised! Have any of you tried to slide and drift on gravel? It seems almost impossible. The car is way too grippy. The gravel handling was sublime and fun in DR and right now its simply not there in D4.
    I don't think it's right or fair to dismiss opposing opinions and complaints about handling or FFB out of hand.

13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Whether you like it or hate it, can't beat banging around in those Rally-cross beasts, TOCA2 on steroids.

Have to say though, with all the hype and promise it feels awfully like Project Cars all over again, it's ok, pretty but definitely lacking in most departments, patched twice already and the release weekend is not over yet, is this the horror of revealing the release date early, then having to adhere to the promise?

To think I nearly deleted Dirt Rally to make space! :eek:

It's not all bad but feels a bit of a damp squib.

14. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    As I wrote, its true, R2s don't drift because they aren't supposed to.They are road cars with an open exhaust, a roll cage and stiffer suspension.4wds, Rwds and even F2s I have no problem to make them slide.

15. Squanchy

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried this?
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943998393

16. Squanchy

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Well the Dirt 4 steam forum has turned into a toxic abuse-fest where everybody who criticizes the handling gets called names. Jeez, the internet.

Meanwhile the Rallycross is pretty much exactly the same like in Dirt Rally, including the same blind AI who are slower on straights, but with less FFB. It's really not bad overall, but I just don't see what they worked on for two years.

17. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Just My opinion--> those who agree agree and those that don't just don't---> no need for debate;)
    Dirt 4 compared to Dirt Rally feels Like Dirt:confused:--> I'm Mad i wasted Good $$$ on that Rubbish:mad:--> it has very Little to No FFB feel or weight transfer feel it feels like a 90's game---> when FFB was just Rubber band wheel centering forces with some rumble motor feelo_O

Edit: also Dirt 4 is Graphically Challenged/ Inferior to Dirt rally---> WTF was CodeMasters thinking releasing Dirt 4 with No SLI supporto_O

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  18. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    one thing that helped me considerably with force feedback in dirt 4 was to reduce the tire friction and wheel friction to somewhere between 0 and 15. those "false" feedback settings were completely covering up the good stuff for me. Of course it was not all I did but that made the biggest difference for me.

-J

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GrimeyDog

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    :D I tweeked the settings its a Tad bit better but Not Much Dirt 4 just doesnt have Strong FFB feel---> Still feels like Just Spring tension and Rumble Feel with Very little to No Bump, weight tranfer Feel.

After adjusting the FFB which Mostly only changed wheel weight so i can make Quick/Sharp turns...I was Flying through the Tracks Like I had Been Driving the Game for a long time!!! settings are on Simulation Handling difficulty and Either im a Really Good Driver or its Just too easy:D

All in all i guess Dirt 4 its Not that Bad;)but its Not a Rally Racing Simulator<--- its a Fun time Arcade Racer:) if we remember this then Dirt 4 can and will be Great fun:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I did enjoy the Rally X though, feels good.

• Like Like x 1