Dirty tyres too punishing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PanVlk, Sep 7, 2020.

?

Do you think current implementation of dirty tyres is too punishing?

1. Yes - should be toned down

33 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. No - it's perfect

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  3. No - the effect should be even stronger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +602 / 0 / -0
    I watch far too many iRansom clips of accidents, makes me laugh, a lot. Most crashes are caused through someone leaving the track, then losing it again when rejoining, collecting someone else, who then repeats the cycle until 20 cars are piled on top of each other and everyone is throwing abuse at some poor soul, tiz bloody hilarious and addictive. All because iRansom also has too stiffer traction penalty for leaving the track but I'd rather they left it the same, it's RR I'd like to tone it down a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt help but think of this thread while watching george russell get his williams within 1.5s of hamilton on this lap. He definitely wouldnt have managed to do that on r3e ;) :D

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Yes, exactly the same came to my mind...even outqualified his teammate again and beat his own PB in qualy.

btw. Mugello for R3E when? :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 0 / -0
    Probably only works for germans (non germans can check if theres an f2 sprint race video on the f1 channel thats in their language and then watch lap 18) but at 38:10 shwartzman takes it for a 7 second ride through the gravel, tires completely covered in dirt, yet still manages to defend his position through the following corners.

After seeing that i now feel confident enough to actually vote for too punishing on this poll :D

• Agree Agree x 7