Problem Disconnections from online servers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ealvuado, Feb 4, 2018.

1. ealvuado

ealvuado New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

This evening I've been trying to compete in your RR Silhoutte series servers (both "amateur2 and "Get Real") and nearly every two races I have lost connections to these servers, and when connecting again I was the only driver connected (or with a few users, much less than before losing the connections).

Are you having some kind of problems?

Thanks. Best regards.

2. Nessa Revane

Nessa Revane Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Its not only a Problem by official Server also dedicated Servers looks like to be randomly kick somebody ... :/

3. jesters.silver

jesters.silver New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I experiencing some crash/connection issues since 2-3 months now.
    Never had any problems with gamecrashes before.

The game itself doens't crash. I lose the connection without any advance warning and get moved to the MP lobby.

The internetconnection (ip based Telekom MagentaZuhause M 50MBit/s down, 10MBit/s up (working properly)) itself stays perfect, every other application (like TeamSpeak etc.) keeps running without any lag or disconnect.
    The router doesn't get a new connection. Everything seems to be fine on my side.
    The hardware on my side doesn't seem to be the problem either.
    RAM, HD (SSD), LAN, CPU etc. don't even get busy.
    No PowerLAN, connected directly to the router (Fritzbox 7430 firmware up to date).

I don't get droped to the MP lobby directly btw. Without any advance warning all other cars vanish, the gap to the other cars is geting bigger like I made hold and I can drive a full lap to the start/finish line.
    After passing the start/finish line the view changes from cockpit to bonnet and after a few seconds I get dropped to the MP lobby.

Due the fact the game isn't crashing I get no crashreport.
    Any ideas how to monitor that issue?
    If it's still a internetconnection issue, how can I prove that?

It's really a pain in the *** if you have something like that in a 90min race at p3 in your class, like I had this weekend (03.02.2018) at the RRVLN testrace with Georg Ortner in a Audi TT RS VLN in about minute 60.

Beside that I had it in some other races to. Must have been happened to me around 10 times now.

4. jesters.silver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ingamename: Andreas Gillmann

5. DimaB

DimaB New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello S3,
    I'm having the same problem as @jesters.silver described. Like him I also lost connection in the middle of the session at the same race. The moment I lose connection seems to be quite random, sometimes its in the middle of a race session, sometimes its in quali. In that particular race I was on the server for about 2h when I got disconnected.

6. jesters.silver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Had the same problem again today after about 30min into the race.
    Bevor that training and quali worked without any problem.

You can find the logfiles attached.

I am getting more and more frustrated about that because it seams like I can't fix it.

Attached Files:

7. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    For almost every race im in the last weeks a few people has disconnects who did not have any problems before, since the last updates. Looks like mainly in races with more then 30/40 Minutes.

I have no issues but does log files from others on the same server help? (with naming the affected driver) to analyse this problem more specific?

8. Nessa Revane

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Today at our League-Raceday some Driver had again also Problems with the connection ...

Here the Log Files

Attached Files:

9. Nessa Revane

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Another Problem and a possible Reason for the DC´s could be the WarmUp Phase.

In our League and in some other Races where i participated in the last Few Weeks all time when a WarmUp was set i´ll got an DC .... all time when NO WarmUp was set in the Options i could drive the Races until the End.

May its the Same Problem by another who got DC´s in Races test it also pls.

10. vberl

vberl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also have this issue, I talked on the discord channel and they said that they cant help me and says that it is on my end.. Really disappointing since I can't find anything and it is frustrating and to an extent painful after having practiced for a week for league races. It happens to me within the first 30 seconds of the races. I had kaspersky lab open and it proved that there is nothing wrong with my internet. It happens the exact same as what happens with @jester.silver.

11. Nessa Revane

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Support Wrote me they has detected issues in WarmUp integrated Races send LogFiles in HelpDesk

12. vberl

vberl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Where is helpdesk? It doesnt just happen to me during warm up, but also in normal races. It happens almost every race now instead of just 1 every other week. Its a pain in the ass and its disappointing to see this from one of my favorite sims.

13. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
  14. jesters.silver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The warm-up disconnect seems to be another problem as the crash to lobby disconnect.

Because I had the crash to lobby also in races without warm-up.
    The warm-up crash only happens when qualy switches to warm-up.

Fixing that warm-up crash won't fix the crash to lobby problem I think.

Next thing I will try is another router, just to figure out if this could be a problem.
    I will let you know if this will help or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Maybe experiment with ipv6 vs ipv4?

16. jesters.silver

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I never changed something on the ipv4 and ipv6 settings.
    Both are set automatically all the time.

17. OPK-Desperado

OPK-Desperado New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problems, disconnect mostly after the half of the race. It is really frustrating. :(

Attached Files:

18. Skyle

Skyle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also have the problem @jesters.silver described... everytime I join a server, after about 30 seconds the game returns to MP Lobby with the "Connection Lost" message. If I'm driving, the camera changes from the cockpit to the bonnet and after about 2 seconds it's back to the lobby.
    I can't play online at all, it's extremely frustrating.

I would upload any files that might be helpful, if anyone can tell me which ones.

19. DimaB

DimaB New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping for a fix in the latest patch but unfortunately it didn't happen. With these disconnects still going on it is very hard to find a reason to keep on playing the game. Especially since it's the only game that has these issues for me. Just happend again yesterday after one hour into the race.
    I'm not even sure S3 acknowledged that this is an issue.
    Is there a way to see what happens to a player when he gets a disconnect, maybe from the server logs?