Problem Discrepancy between account on Steam and in RaceRoom Experience

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Galadras, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good morning, I have a problem, caused by my inexperience with both Steam and RaceRoom.

It is a data problem, not with purchases. In fact, I recently bought a premium package and have had no problem getting all the cars and all the tracks in the game.

The problem is that some data (email and profile page) appear in the game and different ones appear on the RaceRoom Experience page.

The synchronization between the two works halfway. The RRE page does register the times obtained with Leaderboard, but it does not synchronize any type of statistics (playing time, laps, favorite cars ... nothing).

I've tried changing the email in RRE, to match the one on Steam and the game, but it won't let me, telling me that email already exists.

It is not a serious problem, but I would like everything to match perfectly and not have to enter the game to see my statistics.

How can I solve it? Any information you need, ask me by private message (for obvious reasons).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this little problem.

2. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    hhmm...i dont know if I understand correctly but to my knowledge there is no syncronisation between R3E and Steam except for purchases of course.

3. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I may have explained it wrong, the error in the synchronization is between the RRE page and the game itself.

4. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    ooh I see..that could take a while indeed. Do a test: Drive in the morning and check stats in the evening. If it doesnt sync you may have to accounts you dont know of. The support can check this.

5. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have already verified that.

If the times in the different circuits are updated, but the rest of the statistics ... nothing. Not the number of valid laps, invalid laps, total time played, favorite vehicles, favorite circuits ... nothing.

It was a mistake of mine due to inexperience. I signed up for Steam, installed the game, and signed up on the RRE page. Then I made a modification in Steam and when I re-logged into RRE, I got this new data, but the game did not.

I think that is the source of the problem. It's not serious, but it's awkward having to open the game to see the full stats.

Thanks for your interest.

6. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah, it is not a question that the update takes time, it has been happening to me for a few weeks, when I made the mistake I mentioned above.

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    What modification? What you describe sounds like you're logging in under two different accounts, one in Steam and another one on the website.

If that's true, go to https://store.steampowered.com/, log out, then log in under the same account you use in Steam program. Then go to https://game.raceroom.com/ and do the same (log out, log in, check if it's the correct account).

8. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is not exactly like that. I explain myself better.

Initially create an account on Steam. Later I installed RaceRoom.
    I then logged into the RaceRoom Experience page with the Steam details (in fact, you can't log in with other details that I know of).
    After this, due to email distribution issues in the different accounts I have, I changed the email on Steam.
    Upon logging back into the RaceRoom Experience page, with the Steam data, I was captured by the change I made, but since I didn't make it into the game ... that's where the discrepancy occurs.

As I mentioned in my first post, the times I do in each circuit are updated on the RRE page, but what is not updated are all the statistical data: number of laps, time played, best total time, etc ...

Even the credit I have from VRP. They appear correctly in the game (I bought the premium pack and had no problem), but not on the RRE page.

I think the problem is that, while in the game I have "game.raceroom.com/users/user 1" as my profile page, in the game I have "game.raceroom.com/users/user 2". I cannot change this in the game or on the RRE page.

I also have a different email address and if I try to change it on the RRE page and put the same one I have in the game, it tells me that it already exists and won't let me change it.

The problem is not critical, it does not prevent me from buying and the best times in the classification tab are updated correctly, but it is uncomfortable, to see the rest of the statistics, having to start the game.

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but this still sounds like you're simply logged in under different accounts. (In fact, this sounds like an almost solid proof of that, unless there's some very weird issues with the site.)

The game doesn't recognize you by your email or by your name, changing either of that won't do anything. The game recognizes you by your Steam ID - the one you enter when you login on the game website.

The fact that leaderboard entries get updated doesn't matter in this case because you might as well simply see your another account's entries.

Why don't you try doing what I suggested. A couple of re-logins shouldn't be an issue, right?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  10. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it is something that I have already done several times, with the same result in all.

Of course, for the RRE page, I log in with a different user than the game, through the process that I indicated in my previous post.

I mean, the source of the problem ... I know what it is. How it came about ... I know it. What I don't know is how to fix it ... if it can be fixed.

I have tried everything in my power (as I indicated in another previous post), I even thought of deleting my RRE account, but I would lose everything I bought, or so the page warns me and I will not take the risk.

If someone knows a solution, fine and if not, then nothing, when I want to see the complete statistics ... I will start the game.

Thanks for your interest.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Do you have several Steam accounts? Or you only have one and that's why you can't relogin on the game site with another Steam account?

Keep in mind that in order to login on the game site under a different Steam account, you have to relogin on the Steam website first.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  12. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I only have one account on Steam. But after installing the game I changed some account details and then I registered on the RRE page.

Hence the discrepancy. The game has the original data from Steam and the page has changed.

That is why it seems that they are two different users, although not exactly, since, as I mentioned before, when I make a better time using the Leaderboard game option, it is reflected in the RRE page, but not the other statistical data or the VRP that I DO have in the game, but they don't appear on the page.

13. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It might be solved by uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, but I don't want to risk losing the premium pack I recently purchased.

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Then I think you need some dev assistance on that. Try contacting @J-F Chardon

15. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Just curious, do you see this yellow dot above the list in Leaderboards?
    leaderboard-your-position.png

Also, is your name highlighted in bold font in that list?

Don't worry, you won't lose your purchased content if you reinstall the game.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  16. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE = "Maskerader, post: 226935, member: 20336"] Entonces creo que necesitas ayuda de desarrollo en eso. Intenta comunicarte con [USER = 12] @JF Chardon [/ USER] [/ QUOTE]

Perfect, thank you very much. I'll get in touch with that person.

Thanks a lot

17. cedricvermeiren

cedricvermeiren New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Was the problem fixed? I have the same issue. Logged in on the website with steam. I can see my position in the leaderboard ect, but i cant see any hours driven, laps completed or anything.

If you have the solutution I would't be very happy if you could share :)

upload_2022-4-9_15-28-32.png

thanks

18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    This is completely different problem and it's like that for everyone. I don't know when (or if) it'll be fixed.