Bug Distorted sounds Lada Granta 1.6

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jona777, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    was just testdriving the Lada Granta and it sounds really distorded as @Gopher04 also mentioned in the wtcc-topic.. Dont believe it is the normal sounds..

Edit: all others car are normal..

Greetings

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    sizzling sound here for all the WTCC 2014 cars

3. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna check this out cause earlier I thought I heard some clipping on the Citroën while shifting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Yip, .. same problem here. Lada is the worst, .. followed by the Civic and the Chev, .. and with the Citroen it's difficult to say, ..

as sometimes I think a hear a slight static crackle, .. other times I think it's the way it sounds.

Definitely the Lada is the worst, .. and it was the car I was most looking forward to driving. :(

Driving the Chevy for now, .. as the static in the Lada is driving me nuts .. :eek:

Hope they sort it soonish .. :)

Cheers
    Tom

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. taxfree

taxfree Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
  6. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    experienced sound issues as well, on my Razer 7.1 it sounds like some of the channels goes off sometimes (the engine sound is the most significant, so i would say the center)

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the Lada sound, I remember reading somewhere recently that the sound is kind of scratchy/static-y/fuzzy because the original audio source recording had these distortions in it. Namely, the source when they recorded the real car isnt crystal clear and is distorted which is what you hear when you drive the car in game. I believe for this to be fixed, a whole new source recording would need to take place, making sure the distortions and scratches arent part of the final recording used in producing the sounds which appear for the Lada in game.

I could be wrong here, but otherwise Im not sure what would fix it. I notice it much certainty as well.

Im not exactly sure where I remember reading the above info I mentioned, it may have been info for the beta-testers. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The Lada is definetely distorted for me, it's clipping so much I couldn't use the car. I found the Civic to be ok though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Yea, havent used it either cause of the sounds.. Learning the Citroen and hopefully this gets fixed so we can enjoy our Lada.. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Clearly, the way we're collecting our sound references is far from ideal and the result on the Lada is showing the limits of this method.

From a general point of view, there's not much we can do about this problem for now.
    We're simply juggling with the budget limitations.

It hurts me to release some sounds like the current Lada's but it's the best I can do at the moment.

Fortunately, Jean-François Chardon managed to fit my audio recorder in the Lada Vesta wtcc 2015 during the last Nurburgring race and while the engine sound is slightly different, the recording sounds much better than the material I used for the Granta 2014.

Therefore, there is a chance that I can use this recording to replace the current Lada 2014 sound instead of keeping it for the Vesta 2015 only.
    We'll keep you updated on that.;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update Anthony (brilliant job on all sounds by the way).. does this mean we can expect WTCC 2015 in the future :)
    This might sound strange, but the WTCC 14 pack is actually better than the real life WTCC !

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. heretic

heretic New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil is it not possible to use for example the Chevy sound on the Lada? till you guys getting fixed that problem? I know it's not the original sound but it's way better as the actual sound.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree that it may be useful to be able to use another sound recording for this car even though it may not be "right". For me personally I can't drive the Lada at the moment with the audio clipping.

Coming from an acoustics background myself I can appreciate that these issues with recordings do happen!

14. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If the only way to cure the static issue on the WTCC 2014 Lada, .. is with a replacement sound, .. then I'd much rather that the sound from the WTCC 2013 Lada is used. It's actually quite good. :)

.. at least it would still be a Lada :cool: .. and not some Chevy mutation .. :confused:

.. and don't forget, .. even the WTCC 2103 Lada has all the new sounds etc.. :)

Cheers
    Tom

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Does the 2015 Vesta use the same engine as the 2014 Granta? They are both 1.6T so must sound fairly similar?

16. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a big fan of swapping car sounds or using a same sound for several cars because we all know how it ends up and we've seen too much of this in the racing game genre before.

I'm a bit picky on this subject but of course, when sharing a sound makes sense (if the engine is identical i.e) it's perfectly acceptable.

On a technical point of view, it's easy to do in R3E.

About the Lada Granta, the recording was not the issue, but more the absence of recording :p

The Vesta and the Granta sounds are slightly different but they could easily share the same sound in the game.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I also want to add that it's more and more difficult to record some race cars onboard, unless you have a specific budget for that (like most of the popular games have) or your development studio is located on a race track.

Not blaming the racing teams or the race series, they're all working hard and their time is counted so it's perfectly normal that the recording sessions time is financially compensated.

Sadly, motorsport in Sweden is probably one of the quietest in Europe, with a limited variety of cars, which doesn't help either :p

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    So, the new Lada Granta cockpit sound is ready.

I also redid the Audi R8 Ultra LMS sound, mostly the cockpit, but also improved the externals.

All this should be included with the next game update ;)

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    And forgot to say that the P4/5 got a new cockpit sound aswell ;)

• Like Like x 5
  20. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great news!

• Agree Agree x 1