Do the AI use DRS?

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by morsify, Aug 2, 2021.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I started a DTM 2013 championship last night, some great racing against the AI I must say.

I have 3 DRS uses during the race, but I couldn't see if the AI actually use their DRS. I stare at their rear wing but cannot see any change happening.
    Can anyone confirm that they do in fact, use the DRS ?
    Otherwise I would rather not use it myself, in order to keep it fair against the AI.

Thanks

2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    A couple of years ago I noticed that the FRX-17s were not using the DRS at Spa (there was no animation and I was able to pass several cars with my DRS activated).

I reported it at the time and one of the lovely Beta-Testers advised that it was indeed a bug and it was later rectified.

For this reason I'm pretty sure the DTM20s should be using DRS and you should be able to see it activate.

3. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Thanks.
    I'll have to watch a replay more closely and see if I can see for sure, & report it as a bug if there is some way to do that.

4. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Right,
    I've watched a reply at Brands Hatch Indy, and there is a problem.
    The AI cars ARE using DRS, but only it seems, for a distance of about 10metres, after the Druids hairpin, so it is completely ineffective.

@Alex Hodgkinson I hope you don't mind me tagging you, but I can't find any instructions on how to report a bug.

DTM 2013, Brands Hatch Indy. The AI are activating their DRS for about 2 seconds (or even less) on the very short stretch after Druids hairpin, and never on the longer straights. I hope this bug can be looked at.

I have not had time to see if this is happening on other circuits or whether it is a car bug or a track bug.

EDIT: I just reviewed a replay of my next race at Zolder and the AI seemed to be using it correctly. (I assume we are supposed to have 3 activations per lap, if less than a second behind a car over the start finish line?) That seems to be working at Zolder, but at BH Indy, I only ever see the one activation, after Druids.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Reported it myself thank you @morsify

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings: