Do you race alone or within the family?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rik Fast, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a stupid topic but i am curious: Do you race in solitude without any form of distraction, or are you within the reach of others ?:tonguewink:

I race in my families and pets reach, and yesterday on bathurst my cat decided to jump on my lap at the top speed part of the second straight. With enormous luck i managed to fly by a car in front of me, he must have thought i was crazy :tongueclosed:. I managed to barely get the corner. But with a cat on the lap it is impossible to race further, at least with nail digging from the cat :poutingcat:in my lap. So if a Omega 3000 DTM 1992 driver experienced this madness then i'm truly sorry for the extreme overtaking manoeuvre, although somehow successful.

Have you similar stories, or anecdotes then please share them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Sry, Rik (lol in advance) the question could be misleading, as before my inner eye I saw a wise white-bearded man sitting in a deep misty forest driving RRE in his sim-seat :)....
    But that put aside, yes.
    Using Headphones, sitting in my little Homestudio.
    My cat knows exactly when to stay away, except for trying to tease me a little (just for fun) or needs a human can opener...:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I've also got my own room for my sim stuff... and also got a cat.:D My wife wouldn't like to have the PC, rig and sim hardware standing somewhere in the living room... and I wouldn't like that too. I need silence and to be on my own when racing, so I can keep up my concentration.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Man-cave with door, and lock!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Gf can and does make fun of my faces whilst driving plain view from kitchen!

Manchester terrier is my co-pilot \ back seat driver! Often requesting canine maintenance during important sections of the track.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I have the cat-on-the-lap problem as wello_O.
    Also, my wife will usually try to engage in some form of conversation when she comes in from work, This is an entirely one sided affair, as my part consists of Yeah?... really?...yeah...yeah" etc.:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ThereIs0nly0ne

ThereIs0nly0ne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    My wife 'forces' me to use my Man Cave. She even bought me a sign for it:

[​IMG]

Cat usually gets ejected out of my racing seat on arrival - it seems to be the most comfortable place for her to sit ...

If I catch her sitting in my space ship ejector seat, she'll be in trouble

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pesky creature gets everywhere

[​IMG]

I'm going to have to get her an anti-gravity cat sling to keep her under control

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Glad I'm not the only one that has these problems!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Man have you thought about installing two gimballed rail guns? Anti-cats Turrets? Update your power generator first though! :D
    Awesome work your doing with that ED seat!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Well now I feel almost normal,:p I'm set up in the living room. I've got my rig easy to taken down and store. As neither me nor the wife likes it in front of the family tv set. I have to get up at 5am to raceo_O and wear headphones so I don't wake everybody up. Because its the only time I can be alone. I have a wife, 2 kids, 8 cats and 3 dogs all vying for my attention other wise. But it works for me because I'm 10 to 12 hours behind Europe and I can get a few races in multiplayer then. One cat actually sits on the back of my chair and strokes my face with her tail to help keep me calm in the tight races or so she says. I'm in the process of building a man cave in the form of a shed out back of the house. My wife is concerned about the neighbors complaining about the noise since I plan to put a 5 point surround sound in it as well:rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We are already starting to plan our next house purchased and it will be the very well kept in-laws house, I already claimed the garage for my office/computer room. I already have a spot for my future wife,,, errr future racing rig ;)

No cats allowed only my basset hound will be allowed.

• Like Like x 3
  12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    "Also, my wife will usually try to engage in some form of conversation when she comes in from work, This is an entirely one sided affair, as my part consists of Yeah?... really?...yeah...yeah" etc"

Thank God, my wife does exactly the same with me, so I don`t have to worry about much :p
    But the only thing she really doesn`t like is this (me too as long as I realize what I`m doing :D) :

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Love all the stories above. I used to just sit on lounge floor with my ds3, but since owning a wheel I've been free from the family. I'm putting my space together... I've been in it for some time but it's looking at bit more fit for purpose. Just need to finish tiling the wall, mounting the shifter and speakers. It's in the cellar out of reach.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Living in a single bedroom apartment with a weird floorplan gives me limited options so I'm cluttered in a niche of the living room and we'll in reach of everyone there (son, wife and dog). I secretly plan to move into the business room of the condo I live in... More room and I can finally turn up the ffb to 100% without having to worry about powerful punches on the back of my head!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    wow you weren't kidding about your chair @::SKRO::

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't look too comfortable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @::SKRO:: This is not what BUTTKICKER means :) i say : use padding, lots of padding on the hard wooden chair.

18. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    :)....As I used to race just a little GTR 2 here and there until I came back to Simracing with RRE, I only had my Drum Stool to sit on .
    It has a little backrest (perfect for relaxed drumming) but is obviously not made to sit on for racing (and there`s just little space in my little studio)....though it got me an "enduring butt" :eek:...
    I finally got a comfortable chair in carseat shape now - Man, what a relieve !
    It might make you not any faster but relaxed like a meditating Yogi in comparison :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. jilt

jilt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha, nice topic. I have sort of my own man cave.
    I do race with headphones, the kids rooms are near. When they go to bed, and I am racing, they scare the bejesus out of me, which mostly makes me end up in the gravel on track or something....

20. Rik Fast

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Yes, yes that happens to me also, they kiss me goodnight and i stare at them like Freddy Kreuger in shock. I possibly mess them up for life, but hey they want to live here so....

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015