Do you want to show that you are quickest in the new GT3 cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by G.Deurwaerder, Dec 28, 2017.

1. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0

Glad you cleared this ;)

I hope your next competition is fair to everyone:)

2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm curious...

Do you take into account every fastest lap a given driver makes on every car he tries? Because even if the fastest time on the leaderboard is done with a Corvette Z06.R GT3, maybe the same driver tried other cars but just couldn't achieve a better laptime with these. The laptimes that the same driver achieves on different cars should be very useful for a good BoP I think.

The race itself will unfortunately not give you much info when 99% of the cars are the same. But the leaderboard of this competition will if more people at least TRY other cars and really TRY to do their best in them and if you can take all of them into account and not only the best times. But you have to tell people about it in the competition and not only in this very thread.

This one is fair to everyone already. You're free to chose the Corvette Z06.R GT3 too. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cypher

Cypher Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    What is this BOP everyone keeps talking about?

Also, I did try other cars - first I tried the 4 latest GT3 cars but couldn't even get out of division 3 no matter how hard I tried. Eventually, noticed that everyone is using the Corvette and after a few laps got into the middle of division 2. Can't do much more with a gamepad and default setup :(

4. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BOP = Balance Of Performance

5. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Cypher BOP means Balance Of Performances, goal of this procedure is to make all cars globally equivalent in terms of performances.
    Nice result with a gamepad. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Well, I know that people will always gravitate to whatever car is in first position and try more in that particular car and that distorts the data a bit. But several top drivers were so friendly to help and to share their experiences with the various different models. In addition, there is also the data from the regular leaderboards of course, from servers, from own experience... you get a pretty good picture after a while.

At the end of the day we hope we can improve the BoP, but you have to remember: These cars have really different concepts. Some cars will always be faster than others. The Nissan will beat the P 4/5 on Monza, and on Knutstorp it will be the other way around. So there will always be a "fastest" car on a track. I just hope it won't be as extreme as it is now.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    The Z06.R is fast at Spa, no doubt about that: when I saw so many at the top of the competition leaderboard, I decided to give it a go as well and set a new PB of 2.19.003 after a number of laps. But -at least for me- the new Callaway is even faster: I found myself lapping consistently in the mid to low 2.19s in that one, until I finally broke the barrier and put in a 2.18.833.
    In comparison: in the AMG GT3 I managed 2.19.541 and in the new Audi R8 I did a 2.19.985 (all times set on more or less default setups, by the way).

So yeah, some cars will always be faster than others, also depending on how they suit your driving style. The Callaway seems to suit me really well :)

8. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    If a car is faster over a couple of laps doesn't say if it will be the fastest during a full stint. But since most races are shorter than 30min and the pit strategy wont have any effect (which I hope it have on the cars overall performance) I would say it has a definite advantage.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    280 topspeed for the 911 gt3 R? Wow. Without drafting my topspeed was 271 at Döttinger Höhe before Antoniusbuche (ok I hit the 280 as well but that's downhill to Tiergarten).
    He must have wing at 0. I had wing at 5.

And to calm you a bit: in real life the 911 GT3 R is dominant on Nordschleife as well :-D

• Informative Informative x 1