Does anyone have experience with fanatec tech support?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by richlevy2003, Sep 15, 2015.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys
    I purchased a fanatec club sport ffb v2, cs elite pedals and a bmw my wheel last week, the controller csw2 worked fine for the first night and part of the next day, than it started to loose force feedback torque than eventually stopped being recognized by windows all together. I started a tech support ticket sat Saturday night, I figured I would get a response on monday... nothing. I tried phoning tech support, but they do not respond. I know it is only tuesday, but frankly, I was hoping to get this resolved a bit quicker than the snails pace this appears to be heading.
    Is this normal business procedure for them? Or am I just one of the lucky ones ☺. I don't want to be all prissy here, but it was over a 1k sale, can I at least get a response?
    Lonely and without a wheel
    Rich

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Are you in US or Europe ?

US support never went very good... and even in Europe you they may respond very quickly, or not :confused: ..
    Sometimes you may have answer the same day.. sometimes it can took 2 or 3 working days.
    Wait until tomorrow, if nothing appends you may try a new contact via the fanatec website.

Did you try the live chat ?

3. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I'm in Australia, Ive had a few issues in the past, but always received prompt replies.
    I had to have my Formula Carbon rim replaced from "out the box" as it was DOA, but that was rectified with a replacement within 3 weeks.
    My CSS-Sq spat a Sequential return spring, no probs with tech support, once again it was resolved with a replacement in a matter of weeks.
    I'd say, check your Fanatec account to verify that your request for support was logged to the system, you should also receive a confirmation email to that affect.
    If not, lodge another request, might pay to screenshot the request too, just in case.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers

4. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replys guys. Im in the us, I finally tried the online chat this morning and finally got someone. Ill be sending the ffb controller back for fix/repair/evaluation. I think ill be without for a week or more as you mention, but at least something is happening. Tough when you finally decide on something, spend the money, and had a chance to see how it, the wheel and pedals make driving way more fun and immersive than the g25... Now i dont have a wheel to use rhough...
    Thanks again for the response
    Rich

5. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    It took me a couple of days to get it shipped, to fanatec credit, they did send me the rma # in an email describing what I needed to do and other info. Controller is all boxed up and at ups now.

Rich

• Like Like x 1
  6. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Their good like that, saves alot of messing about when you return faulty gear. Also, you will probably find they'll more than likely send you a new V2 base ;), so you will need to register the new serial # within your Fanatec account.

FYI, the 1st run of V2 bases had cooling fans that can sometimes crap out, as mine did. They start by making a squealing type noise, Ive already replaced the one at the back of the case via RMA, will see how things go when the heat of our Aussie summer arrives, no problems so far, fingers crossed ;).

Good luck with it Rich.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Finally got confirmation today that the v2 base has arrived at Fanatec California. Bit of a bummer though, I was hoping to be racing by now. Purchased a high power pc with a GTX970 card, and for me based on the aging laptop I was using, this thing is greased lightning! :) Getting ready to build a cockpit, I'm gonna wait for the base to come back first. Graphics in R3e are pretty incredible coming from a slow graphics card everything was blocky resolution, min details and lots of clipping, now near max details for everything and high framerates... only thing I can do now is setup races for the ai and watch them lap around the tracks ;)
    Man this could be another 2 weeks before the base unit comes back .... uggggghh

Rich

8. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Hey Rich, nice to hear your seeing the Full detail that is RRE, you'll find AC and Pcars look even better, but the immersion just isn't the same.

You'll enjoy building a simpit/cockpit, I did, it's a very rewarding project, and an awesome feeling to finally sit in it knowing, you built it!
    here's mine Show your Cockpit

Mate, Fanatec usually get things returned pretty fast, I get the impression they replace most components with new ones.
    Hopefully you won't need to wait to long to satisfy the addiction :D;), Hang in there! :p

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the encouragement Mr ozzie it looks like I an getting a FedEx delivery this saturday. Going to order the racing seat and a few sticks of 80/20 so when the wheel arrives Saturday I can start planning my own cockpit. Btw, yours is pretty awesome! Very nice job!