Does R3E Model Curbs?

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Kayak83, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This has come up a while back in iRacing forums and it's always had me thinking when driving in R3E.

Does R3E model curbs or just apply a canned rumble effect to the wheel FFB? It's something I think adds to to helping the sim feel more engaging, even if some think it's an exaggeration. iRacing curbs are flat and don't do a thing to my FFB (T300) and it's something I miss sorely when I hop over there for some laps (which is less and less these days).

2. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Ever looked in FFB option? If not turn down the curb effect rumble over some curbs. But to give you a hint: you should feel something. I guess try portimao or red bull ring first turn, if the car starts flipping you hit the curb

3. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Curbs in Raceroom are 3D, yes. Some of the older tracks used flat curbs but they've since been updated with 3D curbs as well (Monza, for example).

4. Kayak83

Kayak83 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, maybe my first post wasn't clear. I like the feel of the rumble on the curbs in R3E. Was wondering if it's a simple canned rumble effect of if the curbs are modeled for height and is actually impacting the physics. :)

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Actually both types of curbs exist in the game. Older tracks feature the former, newer tracks the latter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    ^^ Correct answer above

7. Larry Foster

Larry Foster Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I just ran the DTM 2016 Audi at Zolder and the GT3 Audi at the same track and can attest to hitting the first chicane will put your car in the air if done wrong