Does RRe's purchase to update put you....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsportDan, Oct 26, 2015.

?

Has RRes business model put you off buying anymore?

1. Yes - price

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Yes - not enough content/updates

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. No - im happy with this model

24 vote(s)
    35.8%
  4. No - but would like to see lower price

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. No - but would like to see more ccontent/updates

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  6. Yes - both price and content/updates

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    off pursueing with this title.

I know its the business model but im not sure its encouraging or even tempting customers. It feels like you have to keep buying to get what this title needs?

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Great another one of these threads, but this time with a poll. Hooray

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i was going to post a facepalm image , but i couldnt find one big enough

;)
    i bet the average person spends more on soft drinks and candy each year , and as with the game you dont need them ; the pricing is fair; and when you dont want to buy anymore / pay anymore then you have all of your content; unlike iracing ....

the gt3 cars have been around forever and the M1 ; both have just been updated .... As have the graphics /shaders and many other things ... its always been advertised as not a finished article so things will be added in time and you bought into it knowing that ....

Andi

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    okay

what happens to the

WTTC pack
    DTM 92
    ADAC 14

packs i have previoulsy bought. Shouldnt these be updated first, or leave them with little interest to be updated/ or by the time they are updated there will be no interest!

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    ADAC14 has got the same physics-update as GTR3...

6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if thats the case then some of those cars need some urgent attention. cough mclaren/SLS cough!

anyway dont wanna start a physics debate, just wondering what the general feel about these dlc updates are. :)

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    You can read here or here to get an idea of what the masses think of it, and to see the kind of division of opinions it causes.

8. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm happy with 2 pieces of GTR3 and M1... Got bunch of others (adac, dtm, dtm92, wtcc..) but there is no point of driving them or buying more till they update the physics/tyre models too ..
    In light of new update we can see how bad it was...
    Once it is done I'm happy to buy more.. Probably not packs (except experiences that comes with series tracks and rules), just single cars as i don't think i would ever wanna drive things like american muscle gt3 car nor i need more than one skin per car...

• Like Like x 1
  9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'll probably buy Spa, Macau and Salzburgring soon.
    I was impressed enough with the physics update (for the future of R3E) that I'll probably buy a couple of the Gr.5 cars and some skins for cars that I enjoy driving online that I haven't bought in packs. However, I'm not seeing myself getting more experiences/packs anytime soon, I think I'm pretty well covered with all sorts of categories.

10. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I'm 7 cars (and some liveries) from owning it all and I think of getting the 10 000 vRP pack to keep buying so...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I personally like the model. For example in something like Forza or Project CARS probably 90% of the content will remain untouched.

However I would like to see liveries become unlocks or prizes as I feel things like the GT2 pack were way over priced.

Also it would be good if you qualify for,discounts after spending a certain amount of vRP.

Something like 10,000 vRP = 10% discount
    Something like 20,000 vRP = 20% discount
    etc etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I am a Sim Racing content Junkie. I like to think that I am supporting the overall development of the Sim buy purchasing S3's content releases. With the exception of few liveries, I have every car and track. I have supported S3 from day 1. I don't wait for the "Sales" and now some of the content i paid full price for is free. I do it because i want, above all else, for this Sim to be the best it possibly can be. I would even contribute to a crowdfunding project.Sim Racing has been a 25+ year Hobby / obsession for me, and all Hobbies, Sports, and Recreational activities cost money.
    However,
    It would be great to have some of the "Features" we all talk about, implemented into the game as a kind of "value add" for mine, and others, years of support and financial contribution. I said the same thing two years ago, and that is, support will eventually fade unless S3 develop the core features. These features will surely bring more supporters to the Sim, better numbers to the community, and ultimately more revenue for S3. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, although I've mentioned this 'loyalty discount' concept so many times that I'm starting to bore myself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    No issues, just focus more on new features. The racing part is great. I actually want some bells and whistles now, preferrably useful or "eye candy" ones like weather, dirt, windshield muck, splashes, dust, heat waves.. immersion things...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I like the model in general, I don't like that they charge separately for skins. One price for the vehicle and skins with the option make your own skins please.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Some sort of loyalty discount would be nice but I am still hoping for a price drop. Or at least all new contents are available in a pack.

The cost for the content in this game is still considerably higher than most other games. It is a great game but it is always a difficult recommend due to high cost of entry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    give us all the liverys and increase the price by 80vrp per car seems better to me, and let me make skins (i get so much enjoyment if i made the skin of my car and i do well in a race (its almost like i believe people will think better of me(which probably isn't true)))

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  18. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Your right Shards, even though your a Kiwi I still wont think any better of you.:p:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Core features and physics upgrades are patched-in for free, so you don't need to keep buying additional content for that. S3 is a very small team and they can only roll-out physics updates gradually, class-by-class, so it's understandable the latest content i.e. DTM15, will receive it first. Physics updates will filter down to all other packs and classes in time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Usually I only buy packs because at the end they have far reasonable price from the single item (still high if compared to other sims)...ok maybe some content will stay untouched (never drove a BMW :p ) but hey when two cars are almost higher than the entire pack well the choice is obvious...anyway I think too some sort of discount for loyal members would be appreciated...or maybe just lowering the prices definitely and then doing sales from time to time...i have lot of friends that still play race 07 or they sticked with assetto due to raceroom prices...and they are not interested in trying it until prices/price model stay the same ;)

• Agree Agree x 1