Doesn't take long does it..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopher04, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Not the first one.
    Already in December someone tried to sell one for 500€ at "eBay Kleinanzeigen" (it was aa few days after black Friday when it wasn't even out for delivery).
    There are several others now. Disgusting, profit-orientated people. They only bought the wheel with the intend to sell it for a much higher price.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

I hope no one's so desperate and dumb to buy these things just for the colour. It's not even a good looking wheel :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Well keep in mind the red one is 10%+ heavier and doesn’t have a open bottom.

Now don’t get me wrong - this crap is stupid and it’s a shame people buy them, hopefully that won’t happen, it’s simply not worth 400 - I really like mine!

BB9D1352-81EF-451E-8E46-21F624B84D95.jpeg

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    If it's worth 400€ or not is not really the question. The only bad thing about this is that people buy these things that never wanted to use them just to sell them again to people who want to and didn't get one on black Friday. That's against the simracing codex if I remember right :-D
    The same people wreck you in turn 1!!! :D

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    One of my pet hates is people moaning about how much other people sell things for. They bought it so can ask whatever price they like. It's up to buyers to decide if they want to pay that price. The market decides. Supply and demand.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yep, its a free market its is worth exactly what someone is prepared to pay, more fool them if they do but you know its the way of the world!

7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I know what you mean, but the price they ask isn't the point.
    It just leaves a nasty taste to see people buy this thing just to make profit. Yeah "that's the way of the world"..but as member of the sim racing community I don't like this behaviour (and when it comes down to my hobby, I'm more eager to help others than to think of my own profit.. but that's just me, I'm a romantic).
    Everybody likes money, but this just crosses a line for me.
    I've even seen people buying two of these wheels (so that there's less for others on black friday) just to sell one again. :eek:
    This shows the true character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    What does it show of their true character? How anyone could think they can judge someones character based on an online purchase that they disagree with or dislike is beyond me!

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    No it's called integrity and always a choice you can make as a human being..or not.

But in this case there's nothing you can do or bother about cause both, seller and consumer, are probably dullards :rolleyes:
    and/or heavily addicted to Ebay, living the illusion of being cool cats or clever hustl....uhm 'cough' businessmen :)

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe they have mortgages to pay and kids to feed so are taking the opportunity to make £50 on the side whilst enjoying a hobby. If no one buys it then it was a daft desision. I really don't see the issue.

11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Lol, yep. The kids may starve then.
    If you don't see the issue here, you're maybe part of it.
    People can do whatever they want, but others don't have to agree with their methods of ripping off fellow sim racers.
    If It's okay for you, then fine. But some people think differently about that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I can't even tell you why this upsets me so much, I don't even like this wheel, I don't even want one and they can sell whatever they want for whatever price they want.

I think I just feel sorry for the people who tried to get one, just to see people having bought multiple wheels with the only intention to make quick money out of it.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I think you should just get over it tbh

14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Weltschmerz :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ha ha

My kids are into pop figures (little plastic moulded pop culture heros and icons) and they are getting pretty good at knowing which ones to buy that will go up in value.

"daddy daddy can we buy these..they'll go up in value and we can make lots money when we sell them latter on ebay"

Truth is someone of those little collectables that they only paid $20 for are now sold on ebay at 5-10 times that value now!

So I'm like ...."hey kids...time to sell those pop figures and make lots of money" only to get the reply " but we love these figures and they are much too valuable to sell now" :rolleyes::confused:o_O:mad::(

• Like Like x 1
  16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I know what you mean....I have a huge collection of diecast F1 cars, bought them for around £60 each and most are worth double that now. Literally got thousands of pounds sitting in boxes, always say I will sell them but they are so nice I can't bring myself to!!