DOF settings ?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schweetz, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, maybe I've searched the wrong way, but I can't find the right thread to ask this, so I opened this onw.. if somebody has a link to the right thread, please share the link ! :)

Last week my monitor died and I bought a new scree, a 27" Samsung monitor, curved with a 1ms respons time. This far I'm very happy with it.
    Now, with my previous settings I experienced a little with the DOF settings in RaceRoom and I don't know how, but I had a short time to experience motion blur and unsharp sight from my cockpit while driving. But I can't find that setting anymore ? I only have the DOF setting available in free camera, but locking it would mean I drive through the unlucky camera guy and without unlocking it nothing is different to that ? What I'm doing wrong? Does anyone have a good setup (shortcut keys) + handshake to make this work from cockpit view ?
    Now I've these keys for DOF/blur ;
    DOF on/off ; NUMPAD 5
    Camera lock ; Numpad 0
    Camera Free ; Numpad 1

My mouse is richt against the numpad so everything is ergonomicaly fine.. but do I miss a setting ? Do I miss a point to install (switch on/off) ?

2. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Nevermind.. Thread could be closed.. I know what I did wrong, confused by the free cam I thought I used to lock the camera on the car, but it locks his position.. So I thought locking the camera view wasn't working properly :) No it's adjusting all the numbers for a realistic dof while racing.