Problem Driver cuts track on last lap, Spa, but still wins.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mike Davies, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I didn't break any rules in the game, this driver did. Then blocked me. I am following the rules that this game has provided me with. If they want to make it tighter limits, then the developers would do so. I don't see how I'm hypocritical for complaining about another driver breaking two rules (cutting track and receiving a slow down, and blocking), when I broke none. I also don't see how it's double standards when the game penalizes him but not me. How is that on me?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    He didnt, he cut the track, maybe outbraked himself, he obviously didnt get a slowdown as there is no way he would of been able to block you and accelerate at the same speed as you.
    No track rules on a public server, he followed the same rules, the blocking was a bit shitty.
    Maybe the terminology was a bit strong, two wheels on the track at all times, exceeding track limits, your an experienced racer, im sure you are expected to keep to that when you race in a league or competition why not when your on any other server, but because the rules wernt in place drive any old how if it makes you faster ;)

3. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    In a real league race (or in real life for that matter) any racer that cuts the track as heavily as this driver would be penalized immediately (unless they slowed down and showed they knew what happened was wrong) , where as having two wheels or more go off happens very frequently in racing. F1 they only penalize in 2/3 specific corners per race, and even then you get 3 incidents before a warning, and 2 warnings before a penalty.

The way I drove in this race is no different than the way i drive in every league race with cut-track penalties. I still stayed within the limits of the track that would have been there had penalties been on, but he did not. I race 4 league races a week, and the 50+ guys I race with would all drive exactly the way I did in our races (in fact we did when we raced at Spa and Sachsenring) and we rarely see penalties.

I don't really get what you are getting at here, I am a very clean racer and I never intend to break any rules. I just follow the guidelines before me, have fun, and be clean.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016