Drivers who deserves BAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rasaintegralac, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Eh..
    My experience from the vote-to-kick system in AC is that it's nearly impossible to vote someone out. One time, during quali i was following a guy (inside his car) and he was deliberately hitting every car he saw. I was trying to vote him out during the quali, but no, he was not kicked.

So i guess that most people vote NO or not at all if they don't know what he have done.

So worry not :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yes sadly that is my experience to, but I have seen parties joining same server and abuse this to a level that make you want to start WW3 LMAO ha ha

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    True, introducing the ranking system (which is still being worked on and will be coming sooner or later) will split the userbase by dividing them into several divisions.
    But on the other hand I've read many comments from people or entire leagues saying they won't even consider using RR multiplayer until there is such a system, so I think we have to acknowledge that, while creating several groups of users, this system will also have the potential to draw in new/more users, most of which are experienced simracers already.

In general, just because I'm saying banning people doesn't work (especially in a free-to-play game such as RR), doesn't mean I'm against introducing advanced hosting/moderating tools. I do agree with Mich that a vote-kick function has the potential of being abused, so I'm rather sceptical about that too. But giving hosters more control over their servers, I'm in, all day, ev'ry day.
    That won't solve the issue being brought forward here tho, because like I said above, the free content RR servers can't be moderated at all times. So there needs to be a system that does it for you (the devs), and I think a ranking system is the best possible tool to achieve that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I agree with them. I will wait until the ranking system is released before race in Raceroom again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah! Ghosting a bad driver or intentional driving bad driver would do a lot to let others have a good race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    http://www.sector3studios.com/#jobs

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yes they do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    On servers with paid content I honestly met the last crash guy/girl over a year ago (Aline Senna, when she loses she crashes, but most of the time she's super fast). I really didn't even think about crashers since then because all my multiplayer races were super fair with overall good racing and fights. I'm seriously surprised that crashers are a big thing on paid content servers.

9. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Really...you are sure it was in raceroom? I wonder if i still have the replay of my last race on Spielberg with 30 GT3 cars...

• Like Like x 1
  10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yes it was raceroom.

11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Creating such a system isn't the biggest problem, the biggest problem for such an algorithm is to determine who was the offender and who was the victim. When there's 2 or more cars involved and all you have to go by is contact and impact speed data, it can turn out quite difficult for an algorithm to determine who the wrecker was.
    But the ranking system that's being worked on will of course (have to) take driver behaviour into consideration and rank you accordingly.

12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I guess i sound negativ so to balance things up a bit. I have had A LOT of fun i racroom multiplayer too :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't get it?

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, now I got where you're going with this. It's an interersting idea to add an expected (normal) value and only punish those that exceed a certain threshold, so sb who doesn't crash on purpose will not get punished because he operates within the boundaries of the expected standard distribution. Punishing the extreme statistical outliers, so to say.
    Without going into too many details (because we aren't allowed to ;) ) let me assure you that the algorithms currently being worked on for the raking system are partly going to pick up on that idea, but apply it to ranking users into several divisions. I'm not sure permanently ghosting is considered as an option tho..

• Like Like x 2
  15. A.T

A.T New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Most of the time I enjoy a full race.

I like to take these "crashers" as a challenge. But of course there are moments when I just take a break.

I feel It is easier to be said then done where ghosting is concern. There are many variables in a race that need to be considered. Of course it would be great if there was a system for outright crashing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Huhtala Racing

Huhtala Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So, if this is not siracing AS ITS BEST....what is. Once again few guys (Kane, ZP) ruined chances to drive decent race. Where should i add my interest next....so whats the correct sim for good races?? I know theres blenty of "spoiling drivers) other sims....but is there any way to do decent races.

17. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Solitaire?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Instead of looking at wreckers as game spoilers why not look at them as on track hazards, there to improve all racers avoidance techniques ;-) Alternately you could always hunt them down and execute them, whichever's easier ;-)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I can even find an idiot there ;)
    That works, and can help with the following scenario.

Im neither condoning the following nor admitting to anything!!!
    Or when the same idiot thats deliberately ruined your last 3 qually lap attempts at one track then decides he wants to race that meet and someone with ok car control and decent speed didnt lol as they closed him down at a decent rate and very subtly nudged him off track, vindictive, yes but very satisfying (so i hear), apparently he wasnt happy and didnt like it, but didnt give a shit about spoiling someone elses fun. Racing incident me lud, so i hear!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You know, i try to race as clean as i can, give benefit of doubt when someone takes you off...... the first time, second time, well it can indeed be very satisfying not being gentlemanly upon the next encounter, at least so I hear ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1