Drivers who deserves BAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rasaintegralac, Jan 17, 2018.

1. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I agree with everything you said Mich , which is unusual for me, couldn't it be coded into game that unless a certain time at a particular track had been achieved in practice you couldn't join a multiplayer game at that track. Time wouldn't have to be blistering just low enough to show track knowledge, but high enough so that a player used some effort to have attain?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    No......that is just wrong mate, you completely got the wrong end of what i was saying ;)

You wouldnt believe if i told you the number of times over the years ive raced with so called decent racers or race groups who turn out to be clicky little arses that stick together and turn into nutty fkn bullies cause little chris didnt like the accidental tap or that you can outdrive, outbrake and overtake their favourite little ace gets them crying, then when your prepared to defend yourself against their aggresive tactics and they twist it around so its you defending yourself that is wrong, complete and utter mongs mate, some organised some just coincedental and its hard at times to differentiate. I am too old to care nowadays but it used to wind me right up, even now, if your an idiot im not afraid to tell you so, quite bluntly, but it wont be without reason.......................

This would eliminate the fair drivers that are really trying but cant for whatever reason get up to speed which is where im assuming the rating system is going, speed is irrelevant its the attitude ontrack and the approach to driving that matters more than anything, you can have idiot after idiot able to attain the minimum required time and be able to join and ruin time after time, but if your ratings are decided on type of contact, where, when and speed then the bad drivers should be eliminated and the good fair but slow drivers allowed in which must be fairer surely?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah! I agree that would be awesome.
    Would be great if you have to have a minimum, (I mean newbee) clean lap times at a set minimum amount of continuous laps on a track in single player practice or a clean time in the leaderboard.
    Before you're allowed to join multiplayer race on that track with the chosen car.

Why only the chosen car well that prevent newbee's swapping cars all the time like many do, thinking another car will make 'em faster because their buddy lapped them in that other car all the time. But it is really just practice with the chosen car that make you fast with it or any of the cars. So better to stick to one car in the begin when joining a multiplayer and keep the practice, testing and experimentation with other cars and tracks to single player mode until your ready for MP.

So the more you practice offline the more online races open up for you..and it don't have to be made complicated for the open for all servers but just enough so the new player get the basic understanding on things.
    And for a new experienced driver well should be a simple task to get it done fairly fast then have full access to MP.

Just a thought .. :D

EDIT:....

I do agree with that some basic attitude practice should be a part of it to :D
    As I said continuous clean lap times in SP practice, so yeah that mean they have to practice with Ai and do it clean... :p

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    That sounds very much like elitism, your not fast enough go away and practice till your good enough to race with us.
    Probably not the right person to say this cause im not the most approachable of people on track but It should be easier and welcoming for new guys not shooing them away because they are not fast enough.
    Go away and hotlap till your fast enough, that gets very boring very quickly, practice with the ai, but please sir what level should the ai be on when im practicing, there is no guarantee of someone going away and practicing for a month coming back and being any faster.
    How in the time they are hotlapping or racing the ai do they learn to race? Huge difference racing the ai compared to real people, or the tracks and how to approach them, maybe that nasty twisty bit with real people around you how best to handle it? The only way to really prepare for online racing is in online racing against real people and learn from yours and their mistakes. Hotlapping and against the ai there is no sense of responsibility or you need a different mindset when racing real people.

So someones slow, welcome, enjoy yourself, play nice and learn from your experience, thats all it should be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Apex Hunt! Oh wait.......nvm. ;)
    Seriously tho, challenging good drivers laptimes in Leaderboard Challenge and having the game show their racing line is a pretty good and comfy way to learn a decent line.

But apart from that, I tend to agree. Setting lap time thresholds doesn't really cure the problem of wreckers, because most people will manage to set a halfway decent time if they really try (which a wrecker probably would, just to gain access to the servers again). At least it shouldn't be a permanent requirement, maybe it's an idea for a dedi admin setting.
    But regarding those, as we all know, there's more than enough (more) useful features still on the to-do list. And I also think that we shouldn't overload the whole system of server controls. An effective ranking system would get rid of a big part of what's lacking till now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    A decent line for a hotlap may help you learn a track but it isnt going to teach you any racecraft, how to behave around other cars or people, when an overtake is ok or not, whether you should hold your line or move over, basic protocols and minimum expected requirements cant be learnt in a single player environment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm not so sure of that, if someone has had to put the effort in to learn the track, to get up to speed, they are less likely to be wreckers because of their investment of time & effort. Won't be 100% but I don't think any method would be, as a wise man once said " once a wanker always a wanker" ;-)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I have no problem with the light right footed and treat wreckers as hazards to avoid whilst trying to remain "on track" but some sort of track etiquette do's and don'ts would be would be useful. My personal pet peeve is someone joining track for their outlap with complete disregard for the racer (s) on a timed lap. I was thinking of upgrading my cars with forward missile launchers, just to er, clear the road as it were, but apparently that isn't allowed and is very unsporting behaviour. perhaps instead of a blue flag, which no one seems to understand you could flash a big sign reading "Get out of the way dopey" ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You think racing the AI can't teach you at least sth about some of those things? Not trying to argue the fact that racing against real people is different, but I think you can prepare yourself pretty decently for mp without joining a server, and from my pov that includes track knowledge. That's the most basic protocol and expected requirement, innit?
    I'm kinda convinced that the majority of intentional wreckers know pretty well what they are doing. And for them time and effort don't seem to be crucial factors, after all they're spending a lot of time (and effort, if we want to call it that) on crashing into people for their own amusement. I don't think any averagely talented person takes longer than 30-60 minutes max to internalise the basic layout of a normal (i.e. not Nordschleife) track and if sb is determined enough to download 20+ GB and spend hours wrecking on some servers, I'm afraid a (reasonable) threshold wouldn't be enough to scare them away. If anything, they might see it as an enticement/challenge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't of thought it elitist, in most things a certain level of skill is expected to be attained before people can proceed, even pro racers have to be within a certain percentage of the pole sitters time. Actually learning to drive a real car, we dont just throw 17 yr olds a set of keys, on you go mate you'll soon pick up the rules as you go, even in gaming going through the sets of challenges in whatever game you play is increasing your game knowledge and skills. Don't get me wrong I'm as guilty as the next man, although I always do a couple of laps in practice to get the feel of a track I'm new to and find the racing lines it's nowhere near as many as I should before diving into a mp game

• Like Like x 2
  11. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    To a point, yes, and no :eek:, the ai are exactly that, ai, they are never in a million years (well ok, 10 given RR`s improvements ;) ) going to reproduce the driving experience you are going to have against a full field of real people, unpredicatability, speed, the lines real people take, attitude to something so simple as being overtaken the ai cant reproduce this, add to that the mentallity, against the ai in general its an oh well its the ai. You only have to read back in this and other forum where people have commented about how unprepared they were for racing online against real people after racing the ai, the speed, the attitude, the whole experience was on another level to what they were used to and took them completely by surprise, if you want to race online jump in at the deep end and race online and learn as you go!

It is 100% elitist, your not fast enough you cant race with me, elitist, simple, no other way to look at it. We are talking about a game where real life has little to no influence on the eventual outcome, the rules we set for the road in our country or any other or what % is expected by real life pro race drivers should have absolutely no bearing on whether a new driver to the game should be allowed or not to join a server, and lets not forget we are talking public servers here, not private, we are having a competition server go away you are too slow!

To think that forbidding someone from joining an open public server because they are too slow is ridiculous, completely, in my not so humble opinion!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  12. Carstenh

Carstenh New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just my 2 cents:

I started racing simulations many many years ago with a game called "Sports Car Gt". That game had a some kind of virtual money. You earned that by finishing races in a succesful way. Afterwards you had to spend some virtual money for the repair of your car, as it was damaged in the event. There were such things as tire and brake wear caused by normal use. And if you crashed the body work needed mending.

Wouldnt this work against wreckers ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes except that banning people because they're slow isn't the motive or objective. We're discussing possible ways of discouraging wreckers not ways to keep out players who want to race. But thanks for your not so humble opinion on a completely different topic ;-)

14. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    It's not about how's fast enough to join or not, it's about consistency.
    If you cant drive slow, medium or fast say 5, 10,15, 20 laps consistent at your speed slow or fast in SP race or practice without a incident, then you shore as hell is not ready for MP... period!

You will most likely cause or be a cause for a incident of some kind or a accident during a MP race combined with others that lack the consistency. When a driver/drivers drive around a track no matter the speed if they cant be consistent in their laps and lack on that knowledge of track layout as in some kind of nohow about the good line their not ready for MP.
    Their speed as in lap time is really irrelevant for if they are some what consistent they are some what more predictable and make it easier for other drivers and them self to end a race without a incident.

You do not finish or win races by being unpredictable in a race, that is more likely to causes a incident or accident.
    Because when you drive unpredictable you tent to do stupid moves that upset the flow of the race and when you do that most times there be a effect of that. Usually some kind of incident or accident and that is not how you want to race or how you make it to the finish line, fast, slow, first or last either way if you can't be consistent you are a liability in a race that upset the flow and it will sooner or later cause the end of race for you or someone else.

That is not racing that is demolition derby and that as far as i know is not what this game is about.. :D

Edit : maybe that would be something to add a couple Demolition derby tracks let the wreckers have their own little corner to go nuts in :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    It is completely on topic, you are talking in this thread about stopping innocent slow drivers from being allowed to enter a server, doh!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    no
    No we are not, you are.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    OK

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure many people would welcome the introduction of a second virtual currency, some aren't exactly excited that we even have one. ;)

Sth like this is being mentioned from time to time and the basic idea can sound intriguing, but it has too many pitfalls and peculiarities to work in an environment such as Raceroom. In Sports Car GT you could restart your career, which you can't in RR. There would be possible worst case scenarios, like getting rammed into over and over f.e., where people could end up with no money to repair their car and no drivable car to earn money for repairs. Not to mention the bickering about who caused damage on who and who should be paying for the repairs... It'd probably create more problems than it would solve.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Is this how you usually discuss things, by taking a piece of info and then building your own context around it to suit your argument? You're not a politician perchance? The subject of the post, for the third time, is wreckers, what could be done to prevent them. The Time target suggested was put forward as a suggestion to discourage wreckers. No one mentioned trying to keep any other player, slow or not, off track until you mentioned it. Yes it would unfortunately have a small inadvertent, adverse effect on newcomers in that they would have to learn a track before joining a mp game, but as it would then be part of the game and indeed the same for everyone I'm sure we all could all manage. Feel free to take some more words or phrases from my post if you're feeling the need to mount a high horse and gallop around spouting your namby pamby, liberal, all inclusive save the whales nonsense

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Do you always completely miss the point of the thread and the issue raised in the initial first post? No im not a politician, although i would probably make a pretty decent one, the subject of the post, lolololol, for the third time well i dont remember you reminding me previously, do accept my most sincere apologies. The subject of the thread is in the title! Drivers who deserve a ban, absolutley no mention of what could be done to prevent wreckers but the wish to ban a player or two there was also a suggestion that admin should have the right to kick and ban, which is perfectly acceptable if administered fairly! Evolution!
    No, now i think you are getting confused! You suggested stopping slow drivers from being able to join a server if they wernt fast enough, i posted why i disagreed with it, the thread evolved to where we are now, below is the first post in the entire thread suggesting slow drivers should be restricted from joining a server, i know full well i didnt post it!.
    Forgive me if im misinterpreting this, is this not saying if you are not fast enough, yes even if your not shit slow, but just a little too slow for my liking you cant join a server?

We are talking about open public servers, where no matter what game you play you will always get idiots, this no matter what or where is a fact of online life!

Of course we could all manage, cause we will be all there is playing the damn game, any casual or just for fun player will turn around and say fuck it, im not fast\good enough and go play something else where they dont have elitist rules stopping them from joining a public server!
    Thanks for that!

• Funny Funny x 1