Drivers who deserves BAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rasaintegralac, Jan 17, 2018.

1. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You're very welcome

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The Dandy Highwayman

The Dandy Highwayman Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I highly suggest checking out this persons leaderboard laptime if you fancy a laugh, reported it earlier.

BMW M6 at Spa Francomchamps GP.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Oh! that's a great lap time, but then you where flying low in yesterdays race on Spa, I saw your lap times during the race and thought where is the sonic boom.. o_O:p

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    There are faster gt3 times than his at Spa, whats the issue, cause its the Bm?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The Dandy Highwayman

The Dandy Highwayman Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Misses every braking zone and apex, accelerates like a formula 1 car on acid.

6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We are aware of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ok, didnt look at the lap just the leaderboard times.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Same here,,... guess I need to go and check this out... :p

9. dctoe

dctoe New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    R3E for a number of years; race AMS and rF2 with a club mainly because of the server admin issues and some sim issues. (No night mode or weather) in R3E.

I thought I would comment on the ranking system because it would serve to hurt me in this type of situation, depending on what it was coded to look at. The group I am with uses a separate timing system to help us scrutineer and score races. It also ranks drivers based on incidents (like contact with walls or cars, off tracks and a few other things), besides lap times and such.

My problem is that I am the newest and worst driver there, lol. I make all the usual rookie mistakes and a few more that one could think of. I have only had a few incidents with other cars and they were true racing incidents. Settled quickly between ourselves and penalties handed out to those at fault as determined my race control.

My point however is that if one were to just look at the numbers, you probably would not want me on your server, or the system might prevent me from joining, even though I have purchased my share of content (and continue to do so), and only seek to become as good as those regular top 10 people.

I guess I am posting this so that should S3S decide to go that route, they might consider including an override of some type that would allow race control to let me in, even if the system determined that my numbers did not make me a successful candidate for racing on that particular server.

That way, even if you didn't know someone very well, but thought they could participate without making the world a more tense place, you could let new people in and give them a chance to prove themselves. If it turned out that you misjudge his or her intentions, it would be as simple as restarting the session and letting the system exclude that person, no questions asked. As with everything else, there would still be a potential for abuse, but that would give groups a chance to make sure that they could include those who had desire and/or potential and not turn away new business for S3S.

Otherwise, I like ranking systems because they do give me some validation that I am making progress. When guys tell me I had a good race, I can see the numbers to back it up and know that they aren't just trying to keep me from falling on my sword. :) Just a couple of thoughts on it. We do operate our own private servers and can and do ban people. It is nice, but I have seen it used as a political device between others and really don't agree with that.

Good luck finding a solution and I shall be around.

10. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    For many reasons, I'm not fond of a "perpetual ban" for anybody...
    BUT, it could be great to have a vote system to be able to fire some drivers from the lobby (those going wrong side or wait for pushing you to cause a crash are some exemple);)
    Was trying, yesterday, to have a good racing session, but, apart for some fair drivers, it was more like Destruction Derby or Wreckfest :mad:...
    Many drivers leaved, because of that, and what could have been a nice session ended with wreckers (mostly)... :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. dctoe

dctoe New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That becomes the problem. I understand Sec3 not wanting to see people who have paid for content rejected, but the bigger group of unhappiness comes when drivers start leaving because they can't have a good race.

The company has to set their priorities on which batch of consumers is more important to them. In a perfect world, everyone is important to them. Because then you will have those drivers, like me and others. I race in other sims because of this very problem. I would love to spend more time (and a little more money) in R3E, but cannot justify it because of the lack of control that exists. And I am pretty sure that the club I race with would be glad to host some series in R3E, if there were more organized control paths available to them. Otherwise, we do everything in AMS and rF2.

The ball is pretty much in S3S's court right now.

• Agree Agree x 1