Question DRS DTM 2016

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pfalzdriver, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Morning,

Just a simple question: After which time/uses does DRS get disabled?

We had two races last Friday, first one was 40 minutes, second one was 60 minutes. At the first one I had no more DRS available after 30 minutes, second one DRS was disabled after 45 minutes.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    According to this, DRS should be enabled around 3-4 laps into the race. Also, " Other than last year, the DRS activations are limited with the number of allowed activations changing depending on track length and race length. "

So, the total amount varies depending on the length of the race (both time and distance).

Im not too sure if RR perfectly replicates this... as it has to take into account 8 min. long races... So, I know I have seen DRS enable around 2 laps into a race before. I've never heard of anyone say that DRS wasnt enabled until 30 mins into a race... Are you sure you were within 1 second to the car ahead?

If you can replicate this issue again... please make note of it and include the cars, track, race length, and perhaps your game log. It sounds like you are describing an issue in MP, but I dont think there are any server settings that affect this. :p

3. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Hmm Nate? Nothing I can confirm here. And I never wrote DRS was enabled after 30mins. ;)

First race I didnt had DRS at all until the race was nearly over, because I was pretty alone at the track. I couldnt keep the pace of the guys in front of me. I was overtaken after 30 minutes, and after that I had DRS (once). Lucky me I have videos of both races.

At this time position I'm losing a place, DRS activates after I crossed the line, but after that lap no more DRS at all, though 8 minutes (6 laps) left, and I was within 1 second while crossing the line.
    Code:
    https://youtu.be/k_1LPCtNUYQ?t=1820
    Second race I made some mistakes so I had to overtake a couple of cars by using DRS. I have no clue how many time I've used it though. But seven minutes before the end I would have needed DRS, and again nothing.
    Code:
    https://youtu.be/buqbvQYsPlY?t=3236
    Again I was clearly within one second at the line.

Problem with your link is, there are no experiences anymore, so you need custom server settings. And there is no option for the DRS, so everything has to be hardcoded.
    In R3E the DRS gets activated after the first lap, if you are within one second, but I cant figure out when it gets finally disabled. Is it after a total amount of use? If Yes, it would be great if you know how many shots you've left. Is it after a total or percental amount of time? If Yes, imho percental is a bad solution, and afair irl DRS isnt allowed anymore within the last two laps. But i'm not completely sure of that.

And there was another minor problem, also within the 2nd race. Once my DRS went active for no reason! No need for complains, but for sure this isnt right. :)
    Situation happened at this time index:
    Code:
    https://youtu.be/buqbvQYsPlY?t=2559
    Cars: All DTM 2016
    Track: Spielberg
    Length: 40/60 minutes
    MP: Yes
    Logs: Sry, already deleted. :(

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Another annoying bug I forgot and just remembered. :)

Two players received a Drive Through Penalty at nearly the exact same time. Notice about this DTPs was shown on screen, but the notice for the second penalty concealed the notice for the earlier penalty. So one didnt know he had a penalty and got DQed shortly afterwards.

So either the there should be a time delay between two notes, or (imho) way better, the culprit gets reminders, something like "Outstanding penalty, two laps left." :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I could try to reply to everything you bring up here, but that would probably make my response far too long :p

I will definitely look into this a bit more and put some bug reports in for the DRS not activating when you are within 1 second of the car ahead... and also for the DRS randomly enabling in your video when you were ~5 seconds behind :eek::confused:

Thanks a lot for adding the videos, definitely very helpful :)

The reason I linked to the DTM rules for DRS, was that they were different in the past. Or at least, they differ based on the season and rule set you pick. DTM 13 for instance does not have the same DRS rules. You just have a fixed amount of DRS you are allowed to use over the entire race. I cant remember exactly, but I recall it being ~15. This is different than the newer DTM seasons where you get 3 per lap. So, if an MP server uses the DTM 13 rule set, this could affect things.

One last question that may be helpful... Those videos say they were uploaded to youtube just a few days ago. Were they also recorded recently?

This is... annoying :p I'll check this one out too. Not sure why there isnt already a delay between displaying messages.

Cheers

6. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, both races were last Friday. :)