Question DTM 2013

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lost77, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Do these cars have their own AI ? How have they been rebalanced ? No matter how I set the AI, no matter the track I choose to play on, no matter the car I choose to play with this class has become completely unbeatable for me, just like I was trying to win a race against a formula 1 with a 205 GTI. Never seen such a gap between me and these cars, in practice only and in race.
    Deleting the "AIadaptation" file did not change anything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem in this class to, 95% seems okay at..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Waou I'm not alone pfiou...not mad then. Strange things happen in this game lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    yes they are very very fast (these are alien AI's) The AI was set to 96 and i was driving at hockenheim doing low 1.34 they were driving 1.31. If i look at the leaderboard challenge for hockenheim DTM 2013 there are only 14 people who did a 1.31 and maybe half of them are real DTM drivers.So i ended the race on many many seconds distance of the leader.

So i cried a lot that day, told everybody that i was the worst driver on earth and that sterilization was maybe the best option to overcome future gaming disaster from my offspring.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've been experiencing the same problem, .. thought I was going mad, .. or suddenly got seriously inept at Racing DTM.

I even tried a new aiadaptation.xml file, ... still they knocked the stuffing out of me .. i.e left me in their exhaust fumes.

All other classes in Raceroom, .. I can get way ahead, .. until the AI gets updated via the xml file etc..

Actually I hope they fix it, .. as the AI is kinda unbalanced now, .. and I don't necessarily like using a set value for the AI (DTM only), .. as I prefer them to challenge me.

Cheers
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
  6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've become so frustrated with the AI that I've pretty much shelved the game until they fix them. One minute they are breaking early then the next minute I'm getting rammed from behind or pushed off the racing line into the barricades.

7. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the AI is frustrating though, only that the AI from DTM 2013 experience has a different skill level then the AI from other experiences or RR itself. I set the AI from DTM 2013 just fixed lower then the AI from DTM 2014.

Sure the AI is not perfect but if you anticipate a little bit it is actually good and very satisfying to drive against, but it can always be better though. The "alternative route" intelligence could be better (like go off and on the raceline if the situation is demanding it).