Question DTM 2014 tyre rules & other DTM differences

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by mr_belowski, Feb 16, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Hey fellas :)

After the recent updates, do the DTM 2014 cars still have option / prime tyre rules? With the old DTM 2014 experience you had to use both types of tyre and had to use the prime for more than half the race distance. Does this still exist now the experiences have gone? Also, are the DRS rules for the DTM 2014 / 2015 and 2016 different, or are they all the same now? Does DTM 2013 also have DRS?

The reason I'm asking this is I'm wondering if it's worth maintaining 4 different DTM car classes and the different DRS and tyre rules in Crew Chief. If all the DTM classes now share the same rule set (one set of DRS rules and no option / prime mandatory tyre change), then I should probably combine all the DTMs into a single class and remove the DTM 2014 & DTM 2015 Experience specific code.

I know that DRS and mandatory pit stops rules can be enabled, but there's specific code in Crew Chief - if the car class is DTM_2014 it tells you to change to prime tyres if you've been on options for nearly half the race, and some other stuff. I don't think this is in the game any more but before I get deleting it would be nice to have confirmation.

Of course, I can go find all this out but I wondered if anyone actually knew the answer to save me a load of work :)

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    DTM 2014 still uses two different tire compounds.