Bug DTM 2015 Multiplayer – cars invisible

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Frankymoe, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Our Sim-Racing-League (virtualracing.org) is very frustrated. :(

Everything started a few month before. In every Race at least 2 drivers get invisible at the start. This players stay invisible the whole race. The other drivers can hit the invisible drivers, but this contacts haven`t any effect for them.

It's always someone else affected. So the internet connection should not be the problem.

We were waiting for the “September” Update. But there was no improvement. One small difference: the players don`t stay invisible the whole race.

Strangly we don`t have this problems in our GT3 and WTCC League.

Has anyone a solution for this problem? Is there a chance that this problem is solved with the new DTM 2016?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That's not entirely true - at GT3 we definitely but rarely had some Invisible-Ghostdriver/Disconnect/Lag/Wharp situations too..and WTCC also seems not completely free from it BUT yes : DTM seems to be very special & sensitive in this regard and after update it appears that specially in the start phase for the first laps the connection seems to be messed up until mid race all seems stable again....bit frustrating tbh.

3. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Its happening for sure...Ptsims stoped doing Raceroom championships because of invisible cars in every races, from people not having any problems with connection....since the last update i whitness a lot of the same problems, even i was invisible some times and thats not normal....this is a Huge problem that is yet to be solved and i dont think it will be....
    So, because of that there will be no more organized championships in PT, because its not possible to have pilots invisible in every races....

4. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just remember that even in the official Mercedes Competition Finals at Hockenheim one car was wharping (could see it at the position indicator bar left during stream, guess it was Lukas Auer) and S3 using an entire different mp system with their RR rigs afaik (- and with just a small grid in a kinda LAN configuration :) )

5. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I dont think its a connection problem issue...but a programing problem...a huge problem that can dictate the future of this sim...
    Yesterday was playing with a friend that was beggining in Raceroom, explained how to buy stuff etc, but he did 2 or 3 races with multiple cars disapering and warping and so....think he's not going to came back playing this sim....

6. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just done Racedepartment race Dtm 13/14/15/16 had to turn flags off as people were getting drive thru for ignoring blue flag at begining of race ? Lag was worst i have seen cars disappearing everwhere

7. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Yep was there too, real shame as Oscar Hardwick and me were at the front battling but connection issues meant we had to restart the server with flag rules turned off

8. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,
    I experienced the same issue this night during 3 different multiplayer sessions on our server. Usually the Server is very stable and should be not the problem in this case. A lot of cars wasn´t there from time to time and that for all races from the beginning of every race.
    One time i was visible in the grid but the counter starts to count from 10 to 1 after the race was started, and a message comes up i have to start from the pitlane but i was the whole time in the grid. After 10 sec i was able to start but i can´t remove the pit limiter that was also in the whole time of the race...crazy thing.
    This online issue is totally new for a lot of my friends they are playing all Raceroom for more than a year.
    It starts to going crazy with the release of the latest patch last Wednesday.Before we never have had any Problems with online Racing in Raceroom !
    Online Racing is not longer possible in this case and that was one main important part for all of us.
    Hopefully S3 have this in mind and will fix this soon ;-)
    Try your best gents..

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I had reported a similar issue, happened to me throughout a GT3 championship.
    I have 300Mb fiber, never have any issue in practice or qualy session, but in race after "gridwalk" my car turns invisible after some seconds, cars can impact to me or slipstream and normally driver bar info turns crazy.
    Also in the event of this week in Nords we have suffered many mishaps in box, that we will have to study.

10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As Georg Ortner is participating at our GTR3 Champ (VRGT3 @Virtualracing) he's got a good impression first hand yesterday, cause after massive connection errors, restarting qualy they didn't even make it to the first lap of that race and had to cancel the whole event....:rolleyes:

Simply crazy....:)

11. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, also since the patch I started some races beeing in second or first place , bottom bar shows that I'm in 8 place or last place . . . What the hell is happening with Raceroom ? ? ?
    I only play in multiplayer , and championships . Being like this is impossible to play any multiplayer race .
    Bought the premium pack but I think it's time to stop purchasing more content because this Sim is about to end in multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I agree positions of drivers all over place

13. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    The patch today brought no improvement. Virtualracing.org has to stop all 3 racing series. I hope @Sector3 will find a solution very very soon. :(

• Agree Agree x 2