News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Together with DTM, RaceRoom is organizing the DTM Online Championship 2015 from 11 June to 19 October 2015 open for all DTM fans, Sim-Racers and motorsport enthusiasts. In 18 Time Attack Qualification Races and subsequent Online Multiplayer Races, the fastest virtual DTM-driver will be determined.
    As a highlight, all cars and tracks of the 2015 DTM season are exclusively provided for free to all participants. After every Time-Attack-Race, RaceRoom raffles DTM weekend tickets for the season 2015 among all drivers!

RaceRoom and DTM are looking for the fastest virtual DTM drivers. Participate in the biggest virtual DTM-Championship and become the virtual DTM Champion 2015!
    • The Championship is available to all users of RaceRoom Racing Experience.
    • All DTM 2015 Cars and Tracks will be made available exclusively for the online championship to all participants for free.
    • The championship consists of 18 Time Attack Challenges with a subsequent Multiplayer Race at the end of each Time Attack.
    • The fastest 20 competitors during each Time Attack round qualify for the Multiplayer Race. Four seats will be kept open for VIP drivers to join by surprise.
    • Only the 9 best results will contribute to the championship ranking. This way players can enter the championship still half way into the season.
    • We will regularly raffle DTM Tickets for season 2015 amongst all participants of the championship!
    • The Winner of the DTM 2015 Virtual Championship will be honored with a championship trophy.

Join for free

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• The qualified drivers for the MP races will receive an invitation E-Mail containing all relevant information including a server password at the latest 2 days after the respective Time Attack.
    • To ensure a smooth online experience only drivers located within Europe can compete in multiplayer race.
    Points scoring and Championship ranking

Only the 9 best results of each player will contribute to the championship ranking, so up to 9 discarded results are possible. This applies to both Time Attack Challenges and Multiplayer Races.

[​IMG]

Participation:

The DTM 2015 Virtual Championship is available for free for all users of the free-2 -play racing game simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience.

All DTM cars and tracks of the Season 2015 will be made available exclusively for the online championship to all participants for free.

Installation of RaceRoom Racing Experience (für neue User):

• RaceRoom Racing Experience is a product available through Steam, the online digital distribution service. If you are currently not a registered user of Steam, you can go here to learn more about, and install Steam.
    • After installing Steam, navigate to the RaceRoom Racing Experience store page
    • Click “Play Game” to install RaceRoom Racing Experience and to add it to your Steam library. Afterwards you can register you free account on RaceRoom Racing Experience. Go here to register.
    Now simply select the “DTM 2015 Virtual Championship Competition” at the DTM Competition page.

• Like Like x 7
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  3. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Interesting point system. Would be a good basis to convert it into vRPs at the end :D

4. ViperNo23

ViperNo23 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Pretty good idea - but hopefully there will be an SP experience too?

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    There will be later in the year ViperNo23. That's mentioned in this article.
    http://www.virtualr.net/raceroom-dtm-launch-dtm-online-championship

I know S3S mentioned in the Dev Stream that DTM15 cars would be used for online competitions before their release but had no idea it would be on this grand a scale. Once again, nice job S3S. A virtual championship is doing it up right!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ViperNo23

ViperNo23 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    sweet - thanks for the info.

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    No worries man. It's going to be great to "test drive" the 2015 models on real tracks before they come out for the single player mode. I'm nowhere near competitive enough to get a chance to race em but I can sure test drive em.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I already loved the SpringCup.. But as said this is on quite a bigger scale..
    Very cool initiative, a pleasant surprise and nice way for us to get to know the '15 cars and the tracks for those who dont have them.. :cool:

9. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    this is a cool idea - Expanding on the very popular spring cup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Wow, very nice Idea!
    I love it!
    See ya in the online races.:smilingimp:

11. Aldeony Pinheiro

Aldeony Pinheiro New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Very good, But I'm sad because i'm not living in a european country. :(

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Mike Demers
    Due to the fact that we both probably won't reach the finals :rolleyes: it's nevertheless a cool idea to promote the 2015 Series and checking out the new models with advanced physics for free ?...mmmh...yummy :)

13. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I really like this stuff!
    Already did few laps and scored at 19th position from 154 with 1 33 451...

The idea of virtual Championship is so sweeeet!
    I hope to cut one more second to get in top 10, but this is very-very hard...

14. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Dude, please post your setup, I can only manage 1.36 and dont see how I can improve from there.

15. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Car settings is default, I have changed nothing.
    Try to do some laps following somebody's hotlap @ Hocken through in-game leaderboards so you can learn the lane and braking points. This is how I learn. Picking somebody's 1,31 and trying to beat him chasing his ghost.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    good plan, thx.

17. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    +1 I just checked the leaderboard and laptimes are already quite ok :cool: after a few hours. And some well known very fast guys are still missing and will burn their incredible fast laptimes into the tarmac. But it's all about the fun and interesting to assess the own skill...and still a huge gap :p. The experience from the spring event should help to iron out some issues that occured last time and this here should be an even more exciting event.

18. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    well you may...:D
    We need a geriatric division for this...lol

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx for the flowers Mike, but I won`t have the time to do endless laps to gain a few millisecs...and as a geriatric thats what you need most: Time :)

Btw. I`m impressed @Sector3 that you guys found the time to work on the DTM 2015 Series, was pretty sure they will come to the end of the season...Is there a " Sector 4 Shadow Developement Team" we don`t know of ? :)

20. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Love it....can't wait to get stuck i..... Oh wait @Sonat Ozturk Does this count as a competition that the Beta Testers can't take part in..?

Just did a installation lap if ya like... But the FOV seems so much wider than my setting.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015