Released DTM 2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 16, 2016.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    A new DTM Season including all cars and teams of the 2016 Championship is available now.

[​IMG]
    DTM Experience (All Seasons + Tracks): http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/dtm-experience
    DTM 2016 Car Pack: http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/dtm-2016

The Mercedes AMG C63 DTM has received a face-lift for the 2016 Season.
    Among the most striking features are the dynamic design of the headlights and the typical ‘AMG Twin Blade Grill’ of the Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé.

[​IMG]

Of course Audi and BMW have been updated to their current designs as well.

[​IMG]

The physics models of the cars have been finetuned even more thanks to input from real drivers such as Bruno Spengler, who continues to provide extremely valuable feedback, to guarantee the most realistic handling possible.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Feeling a lot more confident in this years batch of DTM cars, so whatever you guys did on the physics it's working out great for me. Races real well with the new AI too, thumbs up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Do the DTM 2014 / 2015 / 2016 cars share the same physics model or is the newest physics only available in the latest update?

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    DTM 15 is on the 'updated' physics, but the DTM 16 cars that were just released are a further improvement of those. So, DTM 16 is a bit different from DTM 15.

DTM 13 and 14 are on the "old" physics.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hello would like to say new DTM 2016, as the first gas is too sensitive especially in the first gear, you can not get out of the curve well! Second DRS system brakes my car of the front car pulls me simply lol ...
    Please make the two things, otherwise believe DTM 2016 is good.

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The brief test I did with these felt very nice. I think it's perhaps the steering feel, but I got the feeling I was really barreling down the road on a 1500 kilo car (however much they weigh) - could really sense the weight of the car.

7. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    will report back as I am racing these tonight , but I can say I rarely use 1st gear in a car like this

8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Really don't see where you're coming from Vitali, I've not noticed DRS making me slow down, quite the reverse. And feathering the throttle is pretty par for the course for these cars at lower gears, in fact I would say this years batch is even slightly easier to drive then previous iterations, as they seem far more stable on corner exit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I was abit disappointed with DTM 2016. My laptimes in the 2015 cars are faster. For me, 2016 cars push more than the 2015 cars. I thought there would be a major difference....somewhat like the difference between 2013 and 2014.
    Still, I'm back to my first love...DTM in general....no matter what year pack it is.

10. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    So....
    Actual, real life DTM driver helps improve the physics and driving feel over the last (DTM2015) version.

Gamers complain that it's tricky to nail the throttle in first gear, or be as fast as they were in an earlier version....

Hmmm, I wonder where the problem might be :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I use first gear as in real race at Hockenheim, Red Bull, Norisring!
    We are not here in F1 where you really do not need a first gear ok.

12. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have already made 10% accelerator pedal in the game and still in the first gear you have a rotating tire, before was not so in DTM 15! DRS system does not go here, it brakes my car-front car pulls away from you do you understand?
    And the times again do not fit, as well as many tracks in DTM 15 here just as 1-2 seconds slower than realistic times ok. You do not need to compare with Aliens times ok, which are always as fast 2, 3 seconds per round. You have to focus on normal drivers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    okay good to know thanks

14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    DTM 16 does have new physics that are different from the 2015 cars. So part of the difference you feel simply comes down to new data being used and feedback given from some real DTM drivers.

Not saying everything is perfect, but the feedback that the devs got seemed pretty solid from what I know of it.

Testing these earlier, the DRS felt fine to me. Apart from seeming like it didnt have a huge affect. Definitely dont feel anything different about the front of the car. Care to explain what you mean here? I dont really understand.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I mean, when I activate DRS before me driving cars drives faster than me with DRS lol

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If that is possible for you, maybe it'd be a good idea to make a video highlighting what you think isn't working the way it should.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I made a test run in hockenheim and my drs ( Audi RS 5 DTM ) is working fine.
    I could perfectly overtake the car in front of me

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes checked also today was everything ok

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Now that is a useful/informative response....As opposed to backhanded criticism. :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Is it normal that DRS deactivates when I bottom out on a bump?