Released DTM 2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 16, 2016.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No, but maybe 2019 when they have the 4Zyl. Turbos ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    ll years dtm identical in speed?
    why then on the redbull in the leaderboard `16 for one second faster?

4. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it is of course very bad that we have no new DTM, I went in because of DTM in RR. And what happens now we are still driving season 2016, since season 2017 already other vehicle performances, now again changed in season 2018 something. DTM 2018 will be even faster than 2017.
    It would be better if we also get new DTM here, anyway we all pay for it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. nobledms

nobledms Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    As someone said , Super GT license would be awesome . But i think that PD (SONY) is already throwing money for that .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No they are not identical. Between every season the manufacturers have smal parts on the car that they can optimize. Draw an imaginary line at the door handles. Everything above the line must be like the car that you can buy for the streets. Underneathe the line you can do whatever you want unless you stay in a certain area. this prevents the cars from getting to wide etc. Also there are many parts that are equal for all manufacturers like the rear wing, diffusor, skidpads, ...
    In the 2018 season even the wheelhouses are equal. So they can only optimise the side parts underneathe the doors.
    For the 2017 season the air restrictor gained 1mm in the diameter and the cars had a bit mor horsepower. So between every season there are performance differences.

That´s wrong. The engine power is like 2017 and because of aero reduction the cars have about 30% less downforce. They reduced the flaps and restricted the side pannels. That allowes more rubbing and banging because if you now loose a flap you´re not directly out of competition.

7. Roman TRT

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    friend, I'm asking about the game, and not about the real dtm.
    In one of the patches, it was written that the physics of all the years made the same. That is, both power and speed.
    Now it turns out all the years are equal or not?

8. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson please tell us! can i use dtm13-16 in one race?

9. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So there is your answer. It is the same. The patchnote said: "Ported 2016 physics and sounds to all past seasons of the DTM"

10. Roman TRT

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    so I'm asking why in the leaderboard on the road redbull, 2016 faster by 1 second than other years?

11. Tobi Strobi

Tobi Strobi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    They equalized all the physics on 25th of january 2017. At this point DTM experience 2013 was on the market for 4 years. Maybe people set the times in 2013 and when DTM 2014 came out noone played 2013 anymore. And all the times were set bevore the patch.

12. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Normally when there is a notable change in physics/performance/BoP, the leaderboard will be reset for the track(s)/car(s)/serie(s) which are influenced by it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I am still hoping that DTM will be back in RaceRoom next year. Isn't it an easy way for promoting there business?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    That's how we see it too, but DTM does not see it the same way.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Typical for the DTM, these guys are still sitting on their high horse even if the series is nearly dead.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I also don't get it. I would say this is an easy way to promote their bbrands. They don't do anything for it. Do you get real CAD data from the manufacturer? I don't think so, so you are the guys who have model, paint, and do the physics. Compared to a triple a title for the Sony PlayStation all the Sims are not that big. Ok, GT sport perhaps lol. You should get the licenses for free. We are doing images for the automotive industry and they spent a huge amount of money just for a still image.

17. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Jup, but this is DTM.
    Take a look at the ticket prizes and you can imagine how expensive the license might be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Ok, forget about the DTM. How about Super GT instead :) the cares are even more developed. Unfortunately a lot of tracks are missing in RaceRoom for that series. Let's dream :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1