DTM 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wozdecky, Jul 3, 2017.

1. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I do have WTCC 2016 and I agree, they are amazing to drive and I do prefer them to the previous seasons. Some of my favorite FWD cars in simracing at the moment :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The models would need to be redone, there were aerodynamic updates and new rear wings. Apart from that, I don't think the work required is the problem, but rather the license costs compared to what they can earn with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I think the DTM 2017 will come as you have already made the AMG DTM 2017 for the AMG Challenge. Start game My portal / competitions.o_O

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not even worth a dime! ;)

5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That's we all thought, until this came out of the blue:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Unbenannt.JPG
    Note how all the liveries available in that competition are missing all DTM-specific logos. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I haven't noted, as I am too slow to participate in such competitions, they are for the same select few anyway.

But this raises several questions:
    - will these cars ever make it into the single player line up?
    - are the BMW and Audi at a same stage behind the scenes?
    - will they be released and if yes, as "DTMR 17" or "RTM 17"?
    Questions, questions everywhere ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, but doubt it.

9. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Didn't some say recreating DTM woudl be a waste of resources? Well, having the cars finished and not releasing them to sell them and earn money with them, that is what I would call wasted resources. The AMG deal must be pretty attractive :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Rumours say DTM is considering becoming a true international series either by taking WTCC's place in the roster as a 'Class 1 World Cup' and/or by fusing with the Japanese Super GT series eventually which would add three Japanese premium brands to the series (Honda/Toyota (Lexus)/Nissan). I know the joint regulations are getting delayed from time to time and probably Germans might have more inside info regarding this matter, but that's what I've read and heard from sources inside the WTCC paddock, these are real possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I have read about the first scenario as well, but it brings back bad memories of the ill-fated ITC. If they will internationalize, I hope they have learned from the past.
    Personally I would rather like to see a national series of real (high end) touring cars with guest starts in neighbouring countries.

12. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I've read about this but it was in 2015 and since then they have delayed/cancelled the merge until 2019 or I don't know when. It would be cool to see happen.

13. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I hope simply times the DTM2017 is coming DTM2016 was not synonymous but generously announced but came out of the nothing. Wish / Dream

14. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    serious guys ... DTM 2017??? o_Oo_Oo_O

We have missing cars like this:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... and you ask for the DTM2017??? o_Oo_Oo_O Enjoy the DTM 2013, DTM 2014, DTM 2015 and DTM 2016 version of these cars ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    If I had the choice I would prefer a DTM 1994 or ITC 1995 over 2017 any time. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I still don't all the cars in the game. And quite honestly don't really need more. I started to make a serious effort to work with all the ones I currently have about 8 months ago. And I haven't even made it half way yet. I keep having too much fun with each one trying them out on various tracks.

For me personally I'd much rather see some other content brought in and finished, to help bring this game out of beta.

Particularly, better physics on the GTX's, 1's and 2's. for starters.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That is a nice example of how different personal preferences are. I for one don't care for GTX, GTR1, most of the open wheelers, the hillclimb things and end up driving the same classes. These mostly are Touring classics, DTM 92, GTR3 (though I am tired of driving obsolete models) and WTCC. So I really appreciate any new car class ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Mabye that information guys from DTM doen't know. SO they talking all the time wrong that DTM is one of highest touring car competition. What they know.
    Man listen to yourself. Or read something to change fals ideas.

19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Do you realize I was defending DTM there? I said the same thing as 'the guys from DTM', so even if your post meant to be sarcastic, it still makes no sense to me, sorry.

20. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Tcr easy to drive that's good one... We have a comedian among us. :D