DTM 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wozdecky, May 3, 2019.

1. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to sign again with DTM, cause I watched practise 1 and it looks and sounds great? 600 bHp, turbo, more rpm, P2P, 3 sec. drs zone, aero...
    So, R3E DTM 2019!!!

Thx,

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    As long as DTM is racing on Brands Hatch GP, we won't see it in RaceRoom

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Yup for me its taken just a few minutes of practice to absolutely fall in love with the new cars although really i knew that before they even started driving :D

4. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    To have these cars in Raceroom would be the cheapest advertisement for the series, I hope Gerhard Berger isn't going to be too picky and make it Sector3 good offer.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I believe that not Gerhard might be the problem but rather more Aston Martin sadly :(

6. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    It's incredible, I tried to find a lifestream here in Germany. There is a lifestream from the private TV station after 40 seconds of advertisement I saw nothing, then again 20 seconds of the next add. Then I saw the lifestream but Chromecast is not working from my tablet, again 20 sec advertisement. It's catastrophic there's no chance to see the qualifying. For me it seems like they're not really interested in promoting their series. I doubt we will ever see again new DTM cars in Raceroom.

7. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Then we couldve gotten dtm 2017 and 2018 tho. Plus i read some rumors about some rumors about r3e getting a couple of astons. If theres any truth in that then aston would probably be the smallest problem

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Stream worked for me so you probably just got unlucky on that one.
    But i do agree the coverage and availability went from all i could ask for to hardly watchable when sat1 got the rights..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that´s true :/

About the livestream: what about DTMs own youtube channel? I watched it there, or is that locked in germany (in Austria it works)

10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Yup blocked in germany

11. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Broadcasting rights are an absolute pest nowadays :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    While ill agree i also have to say if im honest i cant really complain.
    I watch f1, f2 (well that one rather illegally :D), fe, indycar (same as f2 :D), moto gp (including moto 2 and 3), dtm, super gt, super formula, blancpain sprint and endurance, occasionally some adac gt masters, vln, and wec and of course some special events like 12h bathurst, 24h le mans and nürburgring and so on and i dont have to pay a single penny for it. So really i cant complain at all but i will find a way to do so anyway ;D

• Like Like x 1
  13. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    That sounds interesting. I really would like to know what the problem is for the DTM a proper lifestream in English and German everywhere on the planet. Nismo is streamin the Superper GT from Japan. Why is this possible with even more manufacturers and in Germany and it's not possible? I don't get it. Perhaps they're only doing it for themselves

14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Youtube channel DTM works here in Belgium, no problem.

15. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Unbelievable, okay I need to get an addon to bypass the Youtube restrictions

16. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Well, i believe sat1 has exclusive broadcasting rights for the DTM in Germany, which sadly seems to include streaming rights... that sucks, but unfortunately it is generally how those things work nowadays. Maybe SuperGT cant be streamed by NismoTV/Lets go racing in Japan, I just donˋt know that.
    Thats why I said broadcasting rights where a pest :(

17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I follow a lot of race series on Youtube : DTM, IMSA, ADAC GT, Blancpain series (SRO), World RX, EuroNASCAR, TCR Europe, TCR Germany, TCR UK, TCR America, European GT4, GT4 America, .... :cool:

18. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I found a solution for me https://us10.proxysite.com

I can even download the stream now because broadcasting with Chromecast is still not possible. yeah it absolutely sucks, I think they have forgotten for whom they are doing these events, motorsports in Germany is a joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Nismo actually lost the rights this year. Then motorsport.tv wanted to stream round 2-8 only for people who pay. Then all the international fans got pissed and now we get super gt live and on demand for free on motorsport.tv :D
    Edit: also @DonArturo

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Aspius

Aspius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, Let's go racing(Nismo TV) are not allowed to stream super gt. It was taken by some company I don't know the name of who made it an exclusive and have put it behind a pay wall which is a massive shame.

It would be nice to get the 2019 DTM license but if it isn't possible I would hope that we could get a fictional car that is built after the Class One specifications.