Question DTM 2020 - Brake behaviour

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pape78, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Pape78

Pape78 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I noticed that it is incredibly hard to get the tires to lock up (without steering). This now feels similar to a GT3.
    The brakes were hot and so were the tires. Braking behavior does not change even during a race. I just drove a 30 minute race on the Red Bull Ring.
    You don't really have to pay attention to locking tires anymore.

What has been changed there? And is it supposed to be like that?

2.) When you go from static friction to sliding friction, the effect is much smaller than before. This was always very pronounced in raceroom.
    I noticed this now in some corners where before you had to be very careful not to get a stationary wheel. Now all this is no longer an issue.

Best regards

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    For me it´s the opposite. Too easy to lock the brakes even with only 90% pressure and also too easy to break traction on acceleration. It´s like a Group 5 with a more modern skin.

3. Pape78

Pape78 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So you didn't drive the 2020 DTM before?

I compared it with earlier versions and there are worlds apart in braking.
    I've been driving almost only the 2020 DTM since October 2020, which is why I notice it and not just me.

They are also much easier on the gaspedal. But I don't even want to open that topic. But you can step on the accelerator much more aggressively than before.

Additional info:
    I always drive with 100% brake pressure.

4. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The aero of the car was changed 2 weeks ago, IIRC. I believe u have more downforce under braking than before

5. Pape78

Pape78 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    At lower speeds it doesn't matter. It almost feels like you can only brake at a maximum of 80% brake pressure.
    Perhaps a developer can comment.

6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The short answer is that many many hours have been invested in to the base setup to make it as user friendly as possible. Try winding the brake bias forwards 5 clicks and you'll find the front tyres will easily lock in to most braking zones.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Greetings and thank you for the hard work on the sim. I have a sound issue I would say related to all cars. I do not get any brake squeal medium/high speed braking zones from my onboard cams. I can hear it on external ones but I get nothing onboard. It feels flat driving considering this is present in real world racing. You hear the brakes at work under heavy braking. Maybe its an issue on my side.

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Our brake squeal sound scales according to the brake temperature.
    Over or under temperature brakes make more noise, and they're very quiet when in the ideal zone.

Any chance that corresponds to what you're noticing?

9. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Thank you that makes a lot of sense :)