DTM 2020 with Lexus and Aston Martin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sbtm, Jul 5, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

I read that possibly Lexus and Aston Martin will join the DTM in 2020.

The future plans will be announced at the weekend in Zandvoort.

Maybe a possibility for raceroom to get a new DTM license.

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Would be very happy to see the DTM license back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    This would be great!

Although next season might be pretty awkward, because Audi and BMW don't want to increase their squad numbers and the organizers are looking for privateers to fill up the grid.

4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Privateers are a very good idea, when they get the same material as the other ones.
    I really really like the DTM.

If you have the chance to go to a race of them, I highly recommend to do this. What you see and what you hear on television is not a single percent of what you get on the track. The cars are really phenomenal to see and to hear. GT 3 are far behind, not to speak of those WTCC or WTCR or GT4 Play-Mobiles.

The only thing I ever wanted to have is, that there are not the brands the one who get the cars on track but privateers do. So for now you have three opponents. With privateers, saying 3 of every brand, you have nine opponents fighting.

In the past there was too many chess on the tracks caused by the manufacturers.
    But: Many people tell that DTM is dead since 2001, but the history told them liars, DTM is still alive since 18 Years.

5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I can second that, I was there at the Hungarian round last year and they look and sound awesome live. And I'm also a big fan of Formula 3 and junior formula categories in general, so it was great to see the European F3 field as well, it was surprising to me that even on a twisty circuit like the Hungaroring, the DTM cars were able to achieve similar laptimes, they are almost like formula cars in disguise.:p And the TCR International field was there too, it was a great day (shame that I had to miss it this year due to a busy work schedule :mad: )

• Like Like x 1