Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    With stuff like this, you can catch me again.;)

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The cars have loads of downforce, but obviously that's not coming into play in the slow corner exits. The cause of spins is the very steep torque curve these cars have due to having the antilag turbo. You've got massive torque and power available almost instantly. That does require careful throttle control, it's a quirk of the car that is there in real life too (according to sources).

Look at the power/torque curve on the car setup page and compare the shape to that of a GT3 for example, and then take away TC.

They are absloute beasts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Are they in the R3E store already?

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Looked up yesterday night,no,not up for sale.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The beauty of choice is that you can leave and never come back. Bye then

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I've not tried these new ones yet, but I love them as a series, and just how different they are from other tin-tops.

This is an older vid looking at the 2013 era, but it does a great job of looking at why they aren't your typical racer, and have more in common with an open wheeler than anything else:

So sad to have the series likely die after this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont know what ignoring the community looks like to you but just a few days ago i made a little suggestion on here and less than 24 hours later it had found its way into the game. Of course most things will take longer and not everything is possible but just because you dont like driving aids being allowed in competitions doesnt mean that the devs ignore every complaint/wish coming from the community ;)

8. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0

P2 on Lausitzring atm

• Like Like x 8
  9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Those two fall under take time/might not even be possible. If you wanna wait for those you might well be waiting for a loong time.
    This isnt neccessarily r3e specific tho. If not having day/night and rain are deal breakers for you then assetto corsa, automobilista and iracing are unplayable as well
    You can stall the engine but only on cars that use an h shifter. This could indeed be improved (although personally im fine without it :D). @Alex Hodgkinson is this something that could be considered?
    Is currently being worked on because its been a big wish from the community (so much for ignoring the community again ;))
    I am indeed very easily pleased when it comes to visual stuff so cant really comment on this. I play r3e on almost minimum graphics settings and am completely fine with how that looks :D
    Dont think anyone would disagree that the game could be further improved. But a) it is constantly being worked on and improved and b) there are certain limits in terms of what can be done and in which time it can be done. If you have unrealistic expectations then you will be disappointed and probably better off playing something else in the meantime

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yep, forced auto clutch with all semi-auto cars is something which bugs me too.
    It's not game braking though so it's been left alone as we work on much more advanced features.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Project Cars 3 is the Game then for you:p
    Super animated Grid Girls with big breasts...
    Make yourself invisible here,thank you!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    No need to start attacking each other, everyone has their preferences, accept it and move on.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    He should be banned here,as he has nothing better to do as stir up the devs and the useres here,can't you see,corona does strange things on some people...look at his rankings.Just a Troll with a Alu-Hat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Even though it's not supported, I'm sure my left foot still does it's thing there. It's no doubt learned behavior from other sims, but it's funny how the immersion takes over at times.

It would be great to see it implemented though.

15. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    You still can use the clutch on starts (with it actually doing something) in all cars but you wont be able to stall them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Of course - I was more thinking at the start of practice sessions when you start the car and wait for a gap to leave etc.. I'm sure I sit there with my foot on the clutch despite not needing to.

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Oh i see :D

18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The DTM 2020 is a mad car to drive. So much torque and it feels more like a Group 5 on steroids.

I spend more time spinning out than actually driving it. Does it come with no electronics too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Where are you finding the DTM 2020 cars?

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1