Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Rockey

Rockey New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think the DRS rule is wrongly interpreted in the game. Here is a quote from the sporting reglement of this year:

"DRS may be used per vehicle and per race maximum in half of the expected race laps as shown in table 17"

In table 17 there is shown, that on each track the DRS can be activated 3 times per lap. But that means it can be used 3 times in half of the expected race laps. So if there is 18 laps to be expected you should use DRS in 9 laps with 3 activations each, so all in all 27 times and not only 9 times like it is now in game...

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Nope, this quote is from a previous draft and I guess they decided to simplify the rule cause that way it would have been too confusing.

The way we have it now is definitely the way it is in real life.
    This screenshot is from the last race at the Nürburgring, lap 5 of 32 and they got 16 DRS uses:
    upload_2020-9-16_17-10-42.png
    But unlike previous years, uses don't go to waste if they only use it once per lap.

3. Henrik Fredborg

Henrik Fredborg New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My first impression having finished a 20 minute race at Red Bull ring with the new DTM cars:
    - Very fun and challenging to drive.
    - Interesting strategy with DRS and P2P.
    - The AI is very fast. Usually I can finish near the top on 104 difficulty, but I qualified last 1 second down on 15th place. Maybe I just need more practice or reduce difficulty. Also, the AI had a few spinning incidents at turn 1 and 2 on Red Bull ring.
    - Tire wear is high. I finished the race at 60% tires after 20 minutes. During acceleration it really eats rear tires.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    That screenshot shows green as having used drs twice tho when in reality hed used it at least 4 times which would indicate that the graphic just shows the number of drs laps left rather than the number of times the wing can be moved..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yes, im on 50% for long time, i need to try 100%
    As u said, we need this setting per car, but in this specific car i think the curve is totally wrong.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    After re-watching the first five laps of that race for about a dozen times I tend to agree with you. I think I can see Green using DRS at least three times, which would indeed indicate that the overlay in fact doesn't show the total number of uses, as I had interpreted it, but the number of laps in which they are permitted to use DRS up to three times.

It'd take too long to explain how we ended up with the interpretation of the rule as we have it right now, but the info we had suggested that the total amount of uses is determined by the estimated number of laps divided by two.

Again, I agree now that this interpretation seems to have been wrong and it should be three uses per lap for half of the expected laps, so 48 maximum uses in total in the Nürburgring Sprint example instead of 16.

Apologies @Rockey , you were in fact right, sorry.
    I assume this inconsistency shall be fixed asap.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Just bought the 2 DTM2020 cars. I really like them. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Very very nice work!

9. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Although the throttle curve issue, with some car setup changes i manage to enjoy it. Backfires sounds are great and some new tire sounds when braking on jugged curbs makes it feel very realistic.
    All in all, great work, thank you S3

10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    If this is to be the swan song for DTM cars then I can not think of a better way for them to go out in a racing sim. Just a wonderful job. The sounds are fantastic, graphics spot on and second gear is a ruthless bitch that will never be tamed. Wonderful job to the team and well worth the purchase.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. gittarman2002

gittarman2002 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  12. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Lovely stuff fellas.

DTM 2016 was Raceroom at it's finest for me, and these new versions don't disappoint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    "Brands Hatch - Updated the track to its 2020 state."

You still seem to be missing this teeny bit:
    [​IMG]
    :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Good lord...i can't find the limit. :eek:
    EDIT: Audi has reversed side mirrors!!
    As soon as the tyres are working properly, this is absolutely nuts. The cornering speeds and flat out corners...what the hell, this is even more crazy than the other 2010+ era DTM in R3E. You have to really drive them hard...absolutely stone cold crazy hard, to keep them working...i love it!!!

Maybe something is off with the throttle curve, dunno, but i can catch them way better, than Gr.5 and GT3, if something goes wrong and it communicates me, what happened and what to do.

...f*cking fantastic! (I'm usually not the biggest high aero silhoutte car fan, but this makes me reconsider)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Still, it makes not much sense that a modern race car can be significantly harder than an old Group C or Group 5. Or even an open wheel as it has a very snappy turning behaviour.

Honestly, I had been trying to even post a clean lap in the competition and I could not even post one without spinning out or drive abnormally slow. The throttle linearity is really odd as it felt like there is no curve to it. It looked more like a straight cliff-like increase when you feather the throttle.

Look, I am not expecting every car can be driven by every player. There are cars in AC or Pcars that I could not drive too, even after hundreds of hours because of the handling behaviour of the cars. I guess the new DTM will go into that category for me. :)

Gamepad players will have no chance at all, honestly.

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I find the Gr.5 and Gr.C way harder to drive, close to the limit...especially because of the borderline edgyness when outside of operation window.
    Have you considered using driving aids?
    Of course you will have no chance at all with a pad in an Alien-Slayer DTM car against Aliens and Sub-Aliens with pedals and wheel.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    why don't you just ask one of the drivers that use RR? o_O

....and are you saying you buy a series license from Gerhard Berger and he doesn't even send you the rules, ask for a rebate! :D

18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    But Group C and Group 5 has a certain lag to it that gives you a safe window to drive it. DTM 2020 does not. The BMW somehow feel a bit easier to drive.

Again, it is fine if I can't drive it. It just how the car it is and there are plenty of other cars in the game to play with.

19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I feel it has become a tad easier post update but I still lose count of how many times a lap I can re-arrange the bodywork.
    The displacement of power is via an on/off switch, there is little chance of holding a spin without the reactions of a Vipers dentist and I swear, I'm spinning up the rears in 5th and being catapulted at light speed into the scenery. Been to all the tracks with 2020 versions and not got round one of 'em without releasing a bit of wee, think we have a new "Most terrifying" car in RR, makes the group 5's seem mere pussycats in comparison, so much for improvements in technology! o_O ....or do they just kill you in a more efficient way?

20. Brian Gildea

Brian Gildea Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Georg, will you do a stream on these beasts?:)