Released DTM 2021 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0

The DTM is back in RaceRoom!

Get the DTM 2021 Car Pack now https://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/dtm-2021

Featuring new car models such as the Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020 and the McLaren 720S GT3.
    Take the drivers seat now and relive one of the best #DTM Seasons ever - as close as you can get.

The 2021 DTM season saw a radical change with the swap to GT3 machinery and the opportunity for legendary sportscar manufacturers to make their debut in the renowned series. Ferrari, McLaren and Porsche joined DTM legends BMW, Audi and Mercedes, and now you can relive one of the most exciting DTM seasons in recent history!

• Love it! Love it! x 16
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Great Update pack along with the new cars....good job. Hope to see more of it ( Lambo, perhaps new FR 1, 2 and 3 ? )

Here's my post on the DTM 2021 pack from Steam ( Looooong version ) :
    After first couple of test laps with the Fezza and the McL I can giver certainly my thumbs up to S3 Studios for their interpretations of both GT3 cars.

I don't know what RL drivers would say, but I can compare the same cars in rF2, AC, ACC and the McL also in AMS2..and, for the records, their slighly older versions in PC2 as well.

The 488 GT3 is my main car in ACC and hence I have more then 150hrs on it's drivers seat.

Here my few cents, having driven roughly 250hrs in R3E ( total ) , about the same number of hours in ACC ( total ) and AMS2 as well as a combinded 200hrs in the remaining sims.

I am driving GT3 cars almost every day , when I am not driving classic Formula cars...:

Graphics : Within the boundaries of R3E's, somewhat outdated, graphics engine and applying ReShader mod, the cars of the DTM 2021 pack look great. Inside and all the RL liveries outside with the finest details. Graphics of the tracks are improved by ReShader, but tbh, no match anymore for AMS2 and ACC. Even AC and PC2 bring more to the table in terms of track-graphics aside from beeing laserscanned and hence way more responsive then most tracks in R3E. But this does not diminish the great DTM Pack in it's value., especially for offline racers like me.

FFB : I am using TM TCLM pedals and a Fanatec CSL DD ( 8Nm) with McLaren GT3 V2 wheel. Both mounted in a Motedis rig and I have a 43" curved Asus ROG Monitor in front of me. As with most other R3E cars, immersion-level in training with other cars on the track, during quali and race with Adaptive AI, supported by CrewChief App is quite high.

However, it comes to no surprise, that the R3E FFB, despite having been revamped last year, is still not on the level of ACC, let alone rF2. But for most cars, also GT,
    it is on par with AC on most tracks. I wish I could the say the same for AC`s AI...which is subpar for me.
    After having done 3 short stints with the Fezza and the McL in R3E,ACC and rF2 just a few minutes ago, my memories are still fresh.

Sound : Great sound as usual with R3E. Although I found the whining of the Fezza`s twin turbos a bit annoying when driving with a headset. AC,ACC, AMS2 and PC2 offer also great sounds, which seem to be even a bit more "brutish"...sending shivers down the spine. R3E versionsw are the "nice guys" from the neighbourhood. Well, need to check what I can do about the HF sounds. I don't have this high frequency sound in the same car with any of the other sims.

Bottom line : R3E cars feel less different then in all other sims.
    Driving feels OK but always, no matter which of the two cars, a bit more "ballooney" then in other sims. The most "glasclear" FFB is in rF2 , ideally on löaserscanned tracks, while ACC is somewhere in the middle and feels more "controllable" when driving at the edge. Also you can direct the car with a slight push on brake or gaspedal. In R3E, cars feel very planted and stable and almost like driving on rails. Not bad, but different. With the adequate FFB settings, one can really feel the tyres working and even the moment when loosing grip. ACC and rF2 are doing this a little better, however.

In a nutshell : when driving a complete race weekend, such FFB and graphics issues become less important and the fight the AI gives you is taking way more attention.. and here, R3E shines as it's AI gives quite a nut to crack on higher levels.
    In terms of AI and setting up offline single player championships with a challenging AI, I have yet to find a better Sim then R3E.

ACC comes close for modern GT Racing, but I do also a lot of Open-wheeler racing and drive also other series then GT , so ACC is no general competitor here for R3E. Neither is, unfortunately, AC or AMS2. They have various issues and limitations with AI and the way you can setup offline championships. Forget PC2 and rF2 in this regard. The latter is a nightmare aside from it's awkward way of setting up a race. Championship is not possible in rF2.

Long wall of text, I know.

The final question remains : is the DTM 2021 worth the money ?
    Here my answer : The pack was available for under 7 EUR for all 22 ( I think ) cars with real 21 season liveries and driver names. You get practically 2 new cars ( Ferrari and the 720S McL ) and the rest are updated versions of existing GT3 cars.
    I found, I get good value for having fun in R3E AND I am prepared to jump into the R3E online racing arena with this set of cars sooner rather then later...

Have fun

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Agree.
    AI is top notch!
    Unfortenaly I'm at work now..

4. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I found one strange "bug" when driving Imola and starting from the pits. I always end up with my car being positioned "within" another car in the same box. I have to drive a bit outside of the box...and the other car, to adjust seat and prepare for the strint. Happens only when starting the training, quali or out of the pitbox. Not when driving to the pits while in training, quali or race. So far, it happend only in Imola, but with every car I tested. So it is not only related to the new DTM pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    This happens when there are more cars than available pit boxes, so isn't really a bug. Some tracks have less boxes than others, so it'll happen more often there depending on how many are racing.

6. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. With so many hours in R3E I am aware how to select the adequate # of opponents. If you select more cars then boxes are available R3E will showc this by a blinking red # of opponents. It will not let you start the training or race in this case.
    The bug I could imagine though would be, that the #of cars accepted is not ln line with the # of boxes programmed. Butvwhy does this happen even with small # of cars, like 20 or less ? It seems to me, that the program assigns box #1 in effect 2 times....

7. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I forgot to use my telepathic abilities to find out how many hours you've played. I also didn't realise it was a sign of knowledge or seniority. I guess my 1000+ hours makes me a noob compared to you. :rolleyes:

That's funny, because in my version of R3E it won't let me choose more cars than garages from the drop-down menu. When switching track to one with less garages, the number is automatically adjusted down to the maximum. No red flashing numbers anywhere.

But whatever...

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    You can choose more if you use manual AI selection. That's where you get red number.

9. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari in RRRE, unbelievable. Now nothing is impossible anymore, even a Lambo may be released one day. Thank you very much!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Didn't want to sound rude. But I wrote in my initial post that I used R3E for so many hours and thought you read this too...so much for my telepathic abilities.;-) Well puting all hours together in R3E's predecessors...a certain level of seniority can not be excluded...

All the best
    See red numbers - in my ( most recent ) version, they flash

Attached Files:

11. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed that on Imola, too, regardless how few opponents I select, I always start "inside" another car.

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The imola thing is a known issue. No fix has ever been found for it.

13. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Same thing on Chang International Circuit and few other tracks. I never fill out the grid slots but I always find myself sharing a pitbox with AI o_O

14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind that the number of grid slots is not always the same as the number of pit boxes.

15. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say how much I love the new Ferrari :):cool::).

It has quite a different feel to other GT3s - a bit more lively and with a tendency to over rather than understeer.

I’ve got the new McLaren as well but still haven’t tried it… I always want just one more run in the Ferrari…:D:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, please never change the behavior of the Ferrari

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Weird Ferrari sound, but overall it's great.
    The McLaren was not very impressive. The TC switch in the cockpit is not shown on the display.
    BMW M6 - the "AUTOHERO" sticker from the cockpit is clear.

Otherwise, all is well - very happy to see DTM in the game.

18. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    McLaren 720S has sound problems. When driving next to a wall, the sound has errors.

19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    The guys are trying to reproduce it can you give a few examples track wise please

Andi

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. R.Noctua

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I will record a video tonight and post it here.