Problem DTM 95 upshift (autoclutch) issue.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ravey1981, Mar 11, 2019.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem with the DTM 95 Mercedes which sounds suspiciously like the other gearshift issues that have occurred in other cars...

When shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd there is a momentary wheelspin which causes the cars rear end to step out. This happens at all rpm, even just over idle.

It seems to be caused by the autoclutch as when I manual clutch I can shift perfectly. The autoclutch is either not engaging for long enough or is releasing to quickly resulting in a sudden increase in torque at the wheels. It doesn't occur in higher gears as there will be less torque through the transmission in those gears....

Is this the same issue as the Cayman had/has?

As an aside, this car has a sequential dogbox in real life so should be able to perform a clutchless upshift anyway, and it can't. Even a slight lift of the throttle when changing up does not stop the problem.

While we are here.... I've also noticed that in some cars (GT3 I notice it often) when changing down into 1st (eg la source hairpin) there is a momentary lock of the rear wheels, making the car almost handbrake around the corner, could this also be the autoclutch disengaging to abruptly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    That is a known issue and should be fixed very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    And I thought it was just me. I turned off all sound effects except tires and noticed the wheel spin in all cars I've tested. Good that a fix is on its way. :)

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    You know there is no turning back from that risky statement, Paul :D

5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    He meant to type very soon (tm) ofcourse :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1