Released DTM Experience 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 21, 2015.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0

Developed with input from real DTM drivers such as Bruno Spengler and Daniel Juncadella, the DTM Experience 2015 builds on the success of previous DTM experiences and adds all the 2015 cars from Audi, BMW and Mercedes as well as refined physics, improved sounds and updated tracks. This is the pinnacle of high tech touring car racing.

Recreated to the smallest details, these DTM cars are faster than ever, and now they are yours to tame. So buckle up and take on the 2015 challenge. Features all 2015 regulations and of course action. Lots of action.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. bakayoyo

bakayoyo Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on the new release! Always happy to support you guys.

Bought and going to check it out now.

3. Paulinho Boni

Paulinho Boni New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nowadays the most important for a league to represent and use the games is to have live broadcast, stable server and own skins.
    There is some planning in order to create our own skins?
    And the DTM 2015 server, when it will be released !?

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ketioz1024

ketioz1024 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If i already have all dtm track i need to buy again in dtm 2015?

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    No, you get a 'discount' on the pack that takes those into account, you just pay for the cars.

6. ketioz1024

ketioz1024 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. :)

7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Now, last week I just ended a DTM 2014 season, so the memory is quite fresh. I got DTM2015, and did some test laps in the Audi, then jumped to the 2014 Audi and used it on the same track.

First, different audio. Cannot tell whether better or worse, more or less realistic, I don'T know the real thing - only that it is different, and taken for itself: is good.

Car handling is VERY different. The 2015 Audi glides down the street like a space cruiser, it does not get irritated by the track surface that much all, it does not shake, rattle or roll, is super-smooth and stabile, and almost impossible to spin. The steering is less agile, takes wider movements of the wheel, and at the centre of the axis FFB has a strong focus towards that centre, making the car going straight quite easily, its almost like auto-centering. The braking is far more efficient and lacks the 2014'S tendency to block brakes and destabilise the car if you push the pedal too deep. The 2014 car was more agile, nervous, you had to do more movement around the wheel centre to compensate minor movement tendency to the side, and turning in more easily could lead into a spin, so could braking.

I would say the differences are immense, and like with the GT3 physics I commented on in the other thread, I am not certain that I really like it better this new way. It makes turning, braking, driving easier, yes - but you glide down the street like a solar light soarer on a straight beam of light. Its all a bit too easy, too stabile, to unfree from any risk, I miss the agility and greater vividness (Lebendigkeit) form the earlier car even if that made it a bit more difficult to keep under control.

Changes in the AI I honestly do not perceive. If there are any, then they are quite subtle, I would say. I did practice sessions, no race, and linked myself up to some of the cars I met on track, staying chained to their tails (where I could...).

I don't say its bad. But I also would not say it is an improvement. It'S smoother than before. Some may like it. I fail to see the fun in that.

I have mixed feelings on these new ways. I'm not fully convinced.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Your not pushing hard enough. Takes a lot of effort to eek out performance, once you get up there, the car becomes quite alive. They come with safe setups for everyone to use, tweek for more speed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Don't take me wrong, but as there are feedback from actual DTM drivers that said DTM15 is very close to their IRL experience and better than before, maybe your taste are biased. ;)

Call me naif if you want but I tend to trust Bruno and Daniel when they say that DTM15 nail it ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mochablendy

mochablendy Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm very disappointed about engine sound in DTM15.
    At first, I thought that only BMW is getting awful sound, but after I had tried Audi and Merz, I was shocked about S3's fault.

I'm sticking to play DTM14 or other pack that has awesome sound until this problem has solved.

11. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    If I only buy one car can I drive in the DTM 2015 lobby?
    Or do I need the full package for the lobby?

12. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    As long as you have a single car in a class, you can race in an online lobby using that class.

13. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You'll be able to race in the R3E lobby, but not in the DTM15 lobby

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Yes of course you can but I mean in the DTM 2015 lobby.

Thanks le poilu.

15. Shaun Stephens

Shaun Stephens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can someone tell me what the difference with the 2015 cars compared to the 2014 ones in game?

16. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Different Physiks, 2015 bodykit.

17. Shaun Stephens

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are the sounds different in game also?

18. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yes.
    But I think the 2014 sounds were better... Apart from that, the 2015 version has some good improvements :)

19. Shaun Stephens

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant good to know that there are differences to last years DTM content:)

20. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Bought it looks great thanks s3.:)