News DTM Experience Winter Cup 2015/2016

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 15, 2015.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Winter is here but with RaceRoom it’s getting hot again! Together with DTM we're hosting the DTM Experience Winter Cup 2015/2016 and all motorsport fans are invited to participate.

The first race starts already this week on Thursday the 17th of December 2015. How you can participate and what prizes are possible to win you can read below.

Participation
    • The DTM Experience Winter Cup 2015/2016 is available for free for all users of the free-2 -play racing game simulation RaceRoom Racing Experience.
    • All DTM cars and tracks of the Season 2015 will be made available exclusively for the online championship to all participants for free.
    Prizes
    • The podium winners (position 1-3) of the final Multiplayer race will exclusively be awarded with a championship trophy at DTM season kick off 2016 in Hockenheim, Germany.
    • Each of the podium winners (position 1-3) of the final Multiplayer race will also win 2 tickets (category silver with paddock access) for race at the season kickoff in Hockenheim, Germany.
    Travel and potential hotel expenses must be payed be the winner. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or disbursed. The tickets will be sent to the winners via mail within 10 workdays after the final race. The award ceremony will take place in Hockenheim, Germany, on the weekend of 6.-8. May 2016. The winner will receive detailed information about the event via mail latest 2 weeks before the 6. May 2016.

Among all participants we raffle:
    • 10 x 10 EURO vouchers for the RR Online Shop (minimum order € 40, -)
    • 10 x 1000 vRP vouchers for RaceRoom Racing Experience
    The winners of the raffle will be determined within 7 business days after the final race on 21th of February 2016 and will receive their prizes subsequently via email.

Schedule and scoring system

• The championship consist 6 Time Attack Challenges that take place in a weekly change. Only the 4 best results will contribute to the championship ranking.
    • For the first time the winner will be determined in a final round of multiplayer races, to which the Top 96 drivers from the Time Attack Challenges qualify.
    • These 96 qualified drivers will be split and entered into 4 groups with 24 participants who will race against each other.
    • The fastest 12 drivers from each multiplayer race qualify for the next round.
    • In the subsequent semi-final races and in the final multiplayer race, the winner of the DTM Winter Cups will be determined.
    [​IMG]
    Points Scoring during Time Attack Challenges:
    • Points in Time Attacks will be awarded on the basis of the fastest overall lap time achieved
    • Every participant receives a score and appears in the Time Attack competition ranking
    • No distinction is made between Novice, Amateur and Novice.
    • The decisive factor is only the best lap time of each driver and not its relative position
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I'm in. This will be great!

3. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Great idea but I have a question: If only the 4 best of each time attack contribute to the overall ranking, how then can 96 people quallify for the multiplayer races? 4x6=24:D I must have missunderstood something, either math or that announcement

4. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    The 4 best positions out of these 6 time attacks will count for the result from which the 96 drivers get to the multiplayer races.

By the way, I found a mistake.
    "No distinction is made between Novice, Amateur and Novice." I think it should be "...and Get Real.".

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  5. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Then after 6 time attacks you'll have 24 drivers in that ranking. They are quallified ... okay. But where does the rest come from?
    You need 16 people per time attack if you want 96 drivers after 6 rounds.

6. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    You don't get it.. :D

You drive all six time attacks. Now, only your four best time attacks (with the best position) will count in the final Time Attack result and from this result the 96 drives get taken out for the MP Race.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Shame on me!:DNow I got it :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    wow, 96 drivers?
    [​IMG]
    looking foward to it. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    We have been warned, your nickname says it all.....:)

@RaceRoom, @Sector3
    Thanks a lot, I made a similar suggestion (96 Drivers/4 Servers for a competition) during the DTM Virtual Champ and strangely had it all over my mind during the last time :) ...Telepathy seems to be real...:D
    Guess the Top 100 (Leaderboards etc.) are those drivers who are really into RRE.....and deserve to get a chance ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. harry damen

harry damen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Is there tire-wear in the races?

11. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    ok we all see the tracks of hot laps. what track is the quater semi und final round

12. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Ok, now we have to set a laptime limit, so that the fastest guys can't drive faster then the limit so we normal people have a chance :rolleyes:

13. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I really hope that you worked on the cutting system guys!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I hope so too

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    In real life: Best Lap Qualifiying DTM Spielberg 2015: Edo Mortara, 1:24.714
    R3E Wintercup: 1:22.791 so far.
    WTF? Would actually like to see hotlap videos + setup from the top guys

16. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    dtm drivers were not allowed to go past the kerbs on the first and last corners, we were.
    look at 24:10

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Track limits are strange in R3E. Especially in the first corner:rolleyes: ....not your fault tim... but as the organizer of this cup, S3S should make sure that track limits are handled properly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thx for the hotlap video.
    Now i'm gonna rock the cup.... oh wait, i'm still too slow ;)

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    FML :confused: