DTM2016 performace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nir Tal, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    After the last update to the DTM2016 few months ago, which had changes in the car's aero, the car's performance downgraded significantly with the default setup (as well as with my old setup). Working on a new setup for the car after the changes (yes, I like messing up with the setups :)), I found the problem is with the underfloor aero which is stalled at low front ride-height - from very low speed and up, the downforce is cut by half.
    So a little tuning to the ride-height gave me back the lost performance and lap times got back to way it was before.

The problem is that most people dont know about it and in this week ranked server DTM2016/Redbull, most people are way too slow (2-3sec a lap) - no competition for me :(. Im ending races with 20sec ahead of 2nd place...

So just increase your ride-height (front 7 - rear 8) and join the ranked ;)
    Also attaching my Merc setup - if its a bit too oversteery for you, then play with the wing/rear toe-in.

FYI @Alex Hodgkinson

Attached Files:

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Sneaky little humble brag ;) :D

But ive also been wondering why id gotten so slow with those dtms and didnt even know they received an update so thanks for letting us know, will try those ride heights and see how it goes soon(tm :D)

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I don't think there was any update to DTM 2016 cars in the last few months. Underfloor aero stalling was added a year ago in December 2020 update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    8 out of 10 cars in the game run the minimum front ride height as default setup so perhaps that is an issue to look into changing on cars where aero is influenced by the undertray. Also, not every track is Paul Ricard so grounding is an issue as well as aero stall.
    The demon setups for single seaters all seem to involve raising ride height and adding front wing, no matter the track.