DTM92 EVO Mercedes setup please

Discussion in 'Bathurst' started by Tibmonty, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Tibmonty

Tibmonty New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    Is there a kind soul who would share a setup for this car for Mount Panorama? Diff settings and gearbox final drive settings defy me here. Tough enough just getting around for a legal lap. . . . :eek::D:D:D

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Don't waste time on the setup, just remove some rear toe, put the right fuel in and spend your time practicing. You'll get much better returns. Bathurst is all about commitment and turn-in timing IMO

3. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Damn - Jim beat me by seconds!
    Ah, well, it's normally at least a lap, so not all bad I guess.

5. Tibmonty

Tibmonty New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your prompt replies Gents. Been reading and researching too much. Haystack stuff. Back to basics it is.
    mr_belowski thank you for the latest update. You gave me a very hard time last night in sweary_mode. Almost tempted to betrayal by switching to one of the new Spotters. Maybe Clare will be easier on me when chasing Herman and learning a new track. Looking fwd to Sunday's race . . .

6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the new spotters are just the spotter sounds (car left etc). The Crew Chief is still Jim and if you're being shit he'll still get very angry and call you names

• Like Like x 1
  7. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Why do you remove some rear toe?
    Usually with this cars I lower the ride height and stiffen a bit the suspensions so they are a bit more responsive.