Resolved Dual screen setup

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by PeterJoostens, Feb 5, 2019.

1. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've been running AC successfully on a dual screen setup, with the SRWE app
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=376066431

In AC i need to change the 'video.ini' file in the documents, I can not seem to find a similar file in raceroom
    can someone help me find the file where I can manually change my screen resolution?

2. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have tried to change the value of the " graphics_options" file but the game seems to change the values back to how they where before on startup

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
  4. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the AC guide, all it really does is run a very wide single screen and allows you to tweak its position on screen, so nowhere near actual proper perspective corrected dual(triple) screen. You can basically achieve the exact same result by simply running the game in a wide window and positioning it yourself. Or use a very wide FOV on a single screen.

Edit: Like this.

[​IMG]

My situation is more complicated in that my two monitors are not the same size, but as a proof of concept, it's fine IMO. I just created a custom resolution in nVidia panel to cover the width of both of my screens and the height of the lower resolution one, set the game to this resolution in windowed mode, aligned the window to the screens, rotated the cockpit camera in-game to have the steering wheel centered on my primary monitor. Overall time spent - about five minutes, no 3rd party tools used. It's not very useful, because again, this is just a single stretched image, not an actual perspective correct multiview, but it can be done very easily.

With further tweaking, you could likely move the HUD elements around and likely even solve the issue with the primary monitor not being covered fully.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  5. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    the problem with this is that you end up with 2 different scale images if you use two different size screens, like i do also

I want the transition between the screens to be perfect, Im sure i can get it to work with the SRWE mod, I will post an update when its finished

I can not go back to racing any other way because with the two screens combined I have 1.35m screen span and also I can run higher graphics settings because I have only 2 screens instead of 3[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I don't see how there could be a difference using the SRWE mod in this regard. You're still technically working with a single screen image, I don't think there's a way to scale or align just part of it differently, because as far as OS/GPU is concerned, it is still displaying the image on a single monitor, not on two/three as it would be with an actual proper dual/triple screen.

7. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    it is actually quite simple, you dont have to use the nvidia surround, just extend displays in windows settings
    after that you can adjust the screen resolutions independent from each other

I keep my big monitor at the native resolution, the small monitor has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 witch I changed to 1600 x 900 so that the pixels and the image become larger (size is relative to your screen size)

after that you can use the SRWE app to spread the game over the 2 screens

[​IMG]

8. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I promised to come back on this so I will, for anybody who is interested, running raceroom seamlessly on 3 completly different monitors is POSSIBLE!!!! and easy as f*ck
    please follow this tutorial

9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I really wish people would stop calling stretching a window or even fullscreen view across three monitors "running triple screen".

Then again at least the guy in the video has the side monitors almost flat, so in his case, it's quite close to being correct, though I'd expect he has no idea (judging by his FOV for example).

10. PeterJoostens

PeterJoostens New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

that other guy has seriously messed up FOV, I did also notice that and I would also prefer to have a proper triple screen setup
    but I am not in the position where I can buy new screens every 6 months so I have to work with what I have and can afford
    I try to make the most of my sim racing hobby, i had a lot of help from the community to archive this and I would like to help other people in the same way

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019