Question Duration of shifting animation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Friedrich, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I always drove without driver/wheel displayed with my triples, but now with the Rift, I turned the option on. My favorite series is the WTCC, so I have just done some races with it. I drive these cars with a shifter too, not with the paddles (as the drivers in this series have to do it IRL). What I experienced was that the (virtual) driver rests the hand very long at the shifter. I always do this very quick, so that I have my hand as quickly as possible back on the wheel. I think real drivers do that too. It breaks the immerson a bit for me and my question is if the duration of the shifting animation is alright as it is...?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I viewed that as more of an aesthetic neccessity. If he rested his hand there for a shorter period, depending on how you shift it might result in his hand going back and forth very abruptly each time you shift (like when going from 6th to 1st slowly while braking).
    This would make the whole animation look rather silly and eventually annoy the crap out of everyone. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1