News EASTER SALE - Friday 25th to Monday 28th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Although i love it that there is an easter sale for which thanks!
    It would have been nice if it was -25% on all content. Was hoping for a lil shopping spree honestly :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Still no premium upgrade. No moneez from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Disappointing.

Something for those of us who've been supporting this game for years would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

You guys are beating an already dead horse again. Really no need to keep going back there =/

For those that have had the game a long time.... you have already gotten to play the game for 4 yrs, and of course over time the full package gets cheaper for new people.

And for the same people that have had the game a long time, I know a lot of people have 1000+ hrs in RR. Do you really feel the 10 cents an hour you have spent on RR has been spent in vain?

That's rhetorical because that is a pretty damn good return for the investment.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Bergaufbremser

Bergaufbremser Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    If there was an official thread for the current sale I would complain myself there. :p

6. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    sorry guys, a question. in italy next monday is holiday, so we consider "easter weekend" from friday to monday.

what about for raceroom? :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  7. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    But it looks when buying the Premium pack it does take into account content you already own when working out the discount?

e.g. when I'm not logged into the store, the Premium Pack is listed at £63.44 but when I'm logged in it's only £36.97 so this could still be worth getting for those who already own a lot of content?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Yes yes thats not the problem, to be fair with the way they sell content its the bare minimum that they should do (imo). The thing is, for exemple the WTCC pack you can just update it for a fraction of the price, but you cant do it to the premium packs. Its a bit frustrating.

EDIT: What i think R3E could do is somthing like ranbow six siege does, it devides content into seasons so that you can every year updates your season for like 30€. or buy season passes or buy individually. Not being able to update premium is just a odd move since you can update EVERY THING ELSE !

9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I paid 29,99 € for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season in 2003 and had fun over more than 10 years ... I will continue to support R3E, but updated DTM cars, WTCC cars, Audi TT cars or German Nations cars and asian tracks are not really my cup of tea. So there is no need for me to buy all the Raceroom stuff. In my view, the starter packs easter sales are pointless for existing clients like us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I beg to disagree. Actually i think the starter pack specifically is the only one worth it. It gives you a wtcc car, a gt3 car, the tt, a dtm car and a taxi (mercedes 190). Also gives you suzuka, hockenheim and zandvoort. All this for 10€ (7.50 now), these are some of the more used content in the game. I think its pretty good value to be fair. The other packs i think aren't such good value for the price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Ah I see. But for me, who doesn't own the Premium Pack already, just a bunch of other stuff (but no DTM, WTCC, Formula cars, recent GT3 cars, nor the new Swedish tracks) it doesn't look like too bad a deal, right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I mean all three starter packs (starter, pro and premium)! The packs are great for new customers but not for existing clients like us!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Thanks R3E for the sale! I am now all in on 100% content. Fantastic.

I have been iRacing for the past 4 years. R3E has way better cars, SOUND and FFB. Could not be happier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Why not, unless you already own the Premium Pack?

15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I own the premium pack and my understanding is that I cannot purchase it again at a frAction of the original cost just to top up on new content.
    Once you have bought it once that is it cannot get it again.

16. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Totally understand what you're saying. But i was/am holding of on buying the new swedish tracks and the Formula US, TTRS VLN and maybe some wtcc16 car waiting for this Eastersale..

If there would have been a sale specific on them, i would have already bought all of the mentioned above. Now i'll hold of cause the only thing i can do is buy the premium pack. I did buy the Citroen wtcc16 for 0,29eur :D ,because i own the previous citroens as well, which is a real steal..

To me it's more about the feeling of having a little shopping period..
    I dont mind the benefits that newcomers have. I even support it cause it attracts new players :)
    And i surely enjoyed every km i raced!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Well I bought the last little bit of content as it worked out at £7 odd, this was the DTM cars, KTM's all the liveries, and a couple of odd cars. I'm happy :D

18. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I haven't purchased anything for some months, took advantage of the Easter sale and bought the Premium Pack. I didn't need everything but I figured for around $20 (vRP discount) I got Silverstone, Mantorp, Karlskoga, the BMW M6, Formula Raceroom US, WTCC 2016, Bentley GT3.
    In addition came a lot of skins, the Audi R18, Formula Raceroom 2&3, KTM X-bow, and some other odds n ends but I wouldn't have purchased these if not for the Premium Pack. Not a bad deal, quite a bit invested overall but as R3E is one of my favorites and keeps getting better I couldn't resist.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It's a little confusing with the old thread title.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean... the sale is active right now... http://game.raceroom.com/store/

This thread was from last year and someone bumped it...