English Eat Sleep Race Public Server

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Tim Cannon, Jun 12, 2015.

?

What cars would you like to race on our public server?

1. ADAC GT Masters 2013

4.2%
  2. ADAC GT Masters 2014

31.3%
  3. DTM 1992

54.2%
  4. DTM 2013

4.2%
  5. DTM 2014

37.5%
  6. GTR 2

18.8%
  7. GTR 3

22.9%
  8. Group 5

18.8%
  9. Procar

10.4%
  10. WTCC 2013/WTCC 2014

39.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Many of you probably have heard of ESR. For those that haven't, ESR is a steam group with 100+ members that only want the most fun, competitive, and clean R3E races you can get. Originally started for US players, the group has quickly grown into an international community of like minded drivers of all skill levels. @::SKRO:: and @MeMotS are the ringmasters, and have organized weekly club races for a while now. They have plans in the works for private dedicated servers, but I'll let them tell you about that.

I've got the go ahead from the Grand Poobah to host an ESR public server. So I will launch this today, and it will run around the clock with a full rotation of tracks. All are welcome. It will be called...

ESR-3 Public US-East

I need to know which cars to run though. If it was up to me, I would make it a '92 Ford Mustang GT only server :D But its not up to me, it's up to the community. So please vote for the cars you want, and I will adjust the server accordingly.

There are a few choices missing because of the maximum possible responses. Post any preferences for other cars or race options/length below.

• Like Like x 3
  2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Personally, the 1992 DTM cars make for the most interesting racing and that's what I voted for. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see G5 or DTM92, my two favourites ^^
    Personally I enjoy longer races (20-30min+) with increased tire wear, minimum 2x but 3x or 4x is even better.

This time + increased tire wear imo adds more complexity (fun) to the race as you need to consider more factors than otherwise.
    I really like the pit stops and the strategy around it, conserve tires with 1 pit only or maybe go hard 24/7 with 2 pit stops? what will be fastest in the end etc.
    Ofc this is only my personal opinion but I think it adds more "flavor" to the race, others may disagree completely ^^
    I also realize though that these settings might not be the most attractive for a public server.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    All options are on the table. We want what people want.
    Right now we just started finally getting stable server and the testing phase is done.
    Now we want good events.
    I agree with tire wear and pit stop. It's something you keep an eye on while racing and it's fun.

So everyone keep the suggestion coming we are listening and will attempt to make fun race for all.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  5. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Whatever you do, please disable practise sessions and make it just quali + race. It seems most servers leave practise sessions on so the multiplayer routine goes something like: find a session in quali, go race, server switches to new track in practise mode, everyone leaves. I think there's a much better chance of people sticking around when they see only 8 minutes or so of quali before racing.

Would be awesome to have a steady go-to server that's always full much like ALOOG GT2 on Assetto. I think the right settings are as important as car /track choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I would agree but I think a longer practice session makes up for more possible players on the track as they can see there is life on the server and time to join still.
    We could make the public servers have a shorter practice session yes.
    We will have a second public server soon™ And the content and rotation will be voted by you guys.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  7. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    if there is no practice session, the time doesn't reset when there is nobody on the server. it will continue to count down thru quali and start the race if there are ppl on the server or not. then ppl can't join until the race is over. that's no good. thats why i have it set to 5 min practice/10 min quali/13 min race right now. i think i will change it to longer races with higher tire wear since i prefer that too. do you guys think 10 min quali is still ok?

8. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    new server settings:

DTM 1992(for now). 2 min practice/12 min quali/25 min race
    normal fuel usage. 3x tire wear. mechanical damage on

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    This sounds fantastic! Care for a race now? :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Practice should be left >8 min cause it then decreases the chances of getting people joining when you are in quali and the lag spike hits you right when you're setting your good lap.
    Until we got a fix for that maybe it'd be better to leave at least 5 minutes... Not mandatory, just an advice...!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i agree, and i think that's ideal for club races, but i think it's unavoidable right now. there is always last minute joiners on public servers. i'll change it back to 5 min practice for now.

i would if i could. sorry man

12. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I think people mostly join server that are in quali mode, so lengthening the practise likely wouldn't make much difference to when people join. 5 min practise sounds like a good compromise, not so long that people immediately leave on track change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Voted... I'll keep my eye out when I'm about.. Hopefully catch a few decent sessions.

14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to get involved, late evening UK time. To be honest I'm all about WTCC, DTM and anything GT3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. aosorea

aosorea New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DTM experience 2014 please!

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Voted but to be honest, I don't care what we drive as long as the racing is good and I beat @machwebb and @Tim Cannon :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Dtm 2014 will be there as soon as it's available as part of the main experience

18. aosorea

aosorea New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will that ever happen though?

19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yes
    Same at it happened with DTM 2013 when 2014 came out.
    We need to wait for 2015 full release