Eliminate Swingman Roll?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul_E, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Paul_E

Paul_E New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I switch between all of the driving cameras for various reasons and one thing has always bugged me about RaceRoom's swingman cam: it rolls too much when turning. Does anyone know a way to keep the horizon flat (or flat-er) in swingman?

I'm aware of the in-game "Spring Tension" and "Roll Lag" settings, but neither keep the camera from tilting left and right while driving. I've tinkered with a couple of files --(Car Name).uvm and swingman_mid.xml-- but I haven't found anything that maintains the swingman position and functionality while removing the Roll.

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups contains the (Car Name).uvm file and inside that is the line "UVM_SWINGMAN_SPRING_TENSION=12.000000". This seems to have only two values: 4 and 12. Setting it higher or lower reverts it to the nearest one. Values in the middle don't seem to stick, but that's irrelevant. This setting has no effect on Roll, but only on the lateral sway of the camera.

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\CAR NAME\Cameras contains the swingman_mid.xml file. I won't get into everything I've tried with this file, but I can't seem to zero-in on which value (if any) controls Roll specifically.

So, does anyone know of a way to remove swingman roll? Maybe something outside of either of the files mentioned above?