Endurance racing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goldtop, Dec 6, 2015.

1. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I'm admin at a racing league and I'm planning on running some longer duration events for 2016 using some of the GT and sports/ protos.

What is the current situation regards pitstops? I know there is already a basic system but are cars able to take on fuel and change tyres in multiplayer? Also does anyone have any data for fuel usage they could share?

Thank you.

2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Fuel usage and longer sessions are two of their soon™-iest additions in upcoming patches apparently, so hopefully they'll be with us shortly after Christmas, in time for the Nurburgring.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    So it appears we do have fuel usage (by server setting) but not refuelling just yet. Just did some testing in the GTR3 Ruf and it seems to use fuel at the rate of approx. 25L per half hour with "normal" fuel setting on server. Does this sound about right?

4. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Correct. You can currently change tires in a pitstop, but not refuel. Also you cannot repair major damage like transmission or engine issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    but fuel stops are complete and under testing(as is proper in game chat). we will also get fields with way over 24 cars, and sessions longer then 1 hour at some point but perhaps not as soon™ as the fuel. (and balast ect)

their has even been talk of ai in multiplayer which excites me a lot but id say that'd be quite a way off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    This is more complex than it first appeared.

The in-game HUD only displays up to a max capacity of 100L which I presumed was the capacity of the fuel tank. However, a fellow racer pointed out that the cars actually must have a larger capacity than this and that they might vary. This is why we only see fuel start to drop off from 100L after 10 or 15 minutes of continual driving which makes any fuel usage calculations a bit more awkward but at least I'll now know what to look for.

I really hope we get refuelling sooner rather than later.

7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    its like the next thing (mechanics wise) the are adding

8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Hope this will be added both in mp and sp at the same time!