Engine Overheat Temperature clarification needed

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by [RWB] FxUK, Apr 18, 2019.

1. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Whilst making my own dash in simhub, I realised I am missing one thing and that's the engine overheat indicator as shown below

Engine.png

So on my quest to add this, I have run some tests and it appears to activate when the Oil Temperature goes higher than 106 celcius. Can anybody confirm if this is always the case, or is there more to it than that.

I realise damage starts to build up if you maintain a high temp, eventually ending in disaster.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Is it just an overheat or is general engine damage? I think over revving can cause damage?

3. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It's just an overheat at that point (106 celsius) from what I have tried, it will recover when the oil temperature lowers, but if sustained, engine damage will occur quite rapidly. I am just interested to know if its always triggers the orange indicator at 106 degrees for every vehicle, since there is no data to compliment it, other than the current temp.

The indicator to the left of it drops as damage is occurring and mostly, a damaged engine will be in red.

Capture2.PNG

So far, I believe I have replicated most of this for my sim hub dash

Capture3.PNG

Excuse quality of images, testing on a non-optimal resolution with various windows open, so they look poor :p