Problem Error 12002

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gerbuho, May 9, 2016.

1. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Im having this problem also today. :(

2. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I did one race last night with the F4 at Buriram. I hadn't time to test more. The game freezed and made reboot pc exiting though. :confused:

3. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Ugh, just died on me in the middle of practice after having tried to connect 5+ times... massive problem.

May not race tomorrow at all, at least not on R3E :mad:

4. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what difference there is between crashing when loading game or crashing during race. I never, so far, have had a crash during a race. It's always when trying to load a track. It just stops, turns dark, I go "crap!", then the "Internet lost" window with the back to desktop button shows up.

I have heard of doing a Steam verification scan that might help, but to me, it appears like a random process going on here.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  5. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I just did three races today :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I did the second qual in my new DTM 2015 championship and set up a Group 5 championship and ran a practice through so I could save it. In other words, I had no problems at all today either. Gerbuho, I wonder if there is a correlation as to why we both were able to run without the error? Too early to tell but it was nice to be problem-free for a change.

7. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's already fixed, couldn't tell.
    I haven't tested today but maybe later I could change the prefix to "resolved". :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I think you are right. I have been racing heavily the last two days and no problems. I love the DTM Series. It's like F1 with a roof.:)

I have been running out of gas lately though. lol At Hockenheimring I didn't judge my fuel consumption correctly and DNF'd on the last lap after a very exciting and flat out tiring race. And my last DTM race this evening, which was the 1st one at Lausitzring ( Love this track! The AI in adaptive, have trouble here;) ), I had an opportunity to use the DRS several times late in the race and found myself in first place ( As I stated, I run adaptive AI because it seems the cars run more random. ) and to my chagrin, I saw that my fuel gauge was red showing a 5 with 3 min to go! lol I short shifted and did everything but get out and push! But I still ran out of gas on the back loop and dropped from first to third. Had a BLAST!:)

Hope our computer problems are history my friend!!:sunglasses:

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Gonna back this up and mention I ran a few races at Norisring and Zandvoort this morning without any errors. Anecdotal but still, hopefully fixed.

10. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    for S3 ... in order not to forget us

11. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I've been informed now that the server issues that have been ongoing recently have been fixed.
    The 12002, 2220 errors should now no longer appear (well, at least not because of this issue).

While the statistics system seems to have been the main cause of this problem, we have not lost the statistics that were recorded during this period.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    let's have a beer !!!!
    next level / goal : resolving the ping 0 issue !!!

13. Gerry Sweetland

Gerry Sweetland New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update Hannes, much appreciated
    Gerry

14. Captain Zero

Captain Zero Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thank R3E for your excellent work!! I have noticed that the error 2220 is gone now so thank you!!
    I am an old Legends/GT2/Evo driver from way back. I have always enjoyed the feel and look of the Simbin world. It is great to see the old stuff taking a hold again! I would love to see the sun moving again, rain and thunder and all the real world stuff that made Simbin so revolutionary. :)
    And Simbin always gave great support and help when needed. And it looks like R3E is following right in their footsteps with awesome service and support!

Thank you!

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  15. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Even though I didn't encounter this issue, i'm glad to hear it's fixed so there can be more people in mp :)

16. Riverside

Riverside Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Good job S3, it feels nice, no problems today!

Thanks, @hannes for coming out to help...

17. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Error 12002 is back, just like before.

Edit: And it's gone after a few tries.

Edit2: And then Error 12017 (or something like that) appears (game closed after one race).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  18. Akih

Akih New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Error 12002 for me also... Tried 4 times and suddenly it started working, played 2 single player races and it came back...!

Server instability or what ?

19. ata6

ata6 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Same here. I tried and still got error 12002.

20. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Just got error 12002 right now. I was trying to start a single player championship but it keeps failing. Tried several times.
    Yesterday I was able to race perfectly fine in single player.

Edit: also failing in single race (SP).