Problem Error 2228

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ddawo, Apr 2, 2015.

1. maciejptx

maciejptx Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    for future its a lot better option to make a patch which actually makes the game work better than DONT WORK AT ALL ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    ...or simply make a patch which will make a game independent of those servers. People should be able to play SP at any time and not only when servers are working properly!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Here as well, especially this evening, probably because of the sale. Just barely squeezed out a few laps with my new Capri - otherwise either 2228 or 503 at launch.
    Pretty disappointing to be honest. :/

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. David Plummer

David Plummer Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I know it's frustrating and I'm in the same boat but I'm sure sector 3 will be doing there best to fix the problem

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    It seems everything is ok for now.
    But seriously s3 have to make the game run even with steam offline, like other sim games,
    maybe someday you have a problem with your internet provider, i think we should be able to have a run of our favorite game ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Still getting that error and server communication problems :(

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, for me everything works fine since yesterday evening 23 o'clock CET. The Server-Response isn't the fastest, but i don't get any errors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It seems all is good for now :) I have gladly purchased few more cars :) Ty for the sale S3!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Still getting the 2228 and 503 errors but it's much better than yesterday so that I could spend plenty of vRPs :) and even drive some laps...until the next "ups sth went wrong"

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. bogani

bogani New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Can't buy, can't race. Arrrrrghhhh!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Who marked this thread as answered? .. as it's certainly not!! Whilst things might be a bit better than yesterday, .. the underlying problems of bad connection issues, .. and long delays etc. still remain.

Had no problems at all on Monday, .. although certainly took longer than it did last October.

Now, .. since Tuesday's update, .. I've had nothing but problems trying to connect and get racing.

Took me about 10 mins this morning, .. from the time I clicked on the R3E icon (steam already running), .. to actually get into a race. Almost gave up, .. then I eventually got to the Race Menu. Still delays getting Race Data to appear before the Race, .. and overlaid menu screens when switching tracks etc..

.. not acceptable, .. by any means. :(

Cheers
    Tom

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  12. Chienly67

Chienly67 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem too.

13. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Same problem again, and no one give as an answer.....are they aware of the problem? Are they trying to fix it? something...........
    I spend 70 euros last couple of days and i cant play the freaking game...

Please someone from the team respond!!!

14. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    its very weird not hearing a word from any of them...

i hate to raise to possibility but has anyone else considered ISIS? :confused:

15. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Something is going wrong currently .. I'm now getting Errors 2228 and 503, .. when just switching between screens.
    When trying to change my Car/Series, .. a message pops up on the top of my screen ..

.. 'Something has gone wrong with our Servers, please try again' .. :(

Sometimes trying again seems to work, .. but, I've just had an error 2228, .. and was given no choice but to, .. 'Quit to Desktop' :(

Have S3's Servers also gone on holiday ??

Giving up now ... :(

Cheers
    Tom

16. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Same here, I've got 2228 all the time. And I have four days of holidays with poor weather outside :-/

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Same here wind and rain + can't go to work 'cause my back is "broken". Sadly after each race I make there is deconnection...

18. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well, .. tried again this morning .. and still get long delays in trying to get into an actual race situation. Timed it .. took all of 9 minutes to actually get behind the wheel. :(

So, .. after staring at this screen, .. for what seems like an eternity ...

[​IMG]

I eventually get this screen ... !!!

[​IMG]

You can't get to the game, .. or 'Back to Game' from this screen, .. so, you have to load one of the highlighted blue items, in the hope that it will load a proper screen, .. and give you the option to get to a proper game menu. Somehow!!

So, .. then you have this sort of thing going on ...

[​IMG]

... or this ...

[​IMG]

.. or this ...

[​IMG]

All these issues and delays in screen updates are making R3E an unpleasant experience.

It's gotten to the point where, .. as much as I want to Race, .. I can't be bothered putting up with all this. It's not worth the frustration.

I really hope that S3 sort this out soon. I need my racing fix, .. and although I have AC, RF2 & GSC2013, .. I really can't be bothered with them, .. as, when I'm behind the wheel in R3E, .. is when I go to my happy place .. :)

Please S3, .. I miss my happy place. :)

Thanks
    Tom

19. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    We have been made aware of the issue, which seems not to be affecting everyone, a few people all the time time, and then a number of people very randomly.

Right now its Easter, which means that 99% of the team is away....

The nature of this bug seems very random, so I highly doubt this will be fixed over the weekend. But will be looked at when the is return to full power.Apologies to those that are completely unable to play the game.

In the meantime please keep posting reports about the how, when this 2228 error shows up, attach logs so we might be able to hunt it down faster!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jay,

Appreciate your input, .. as well as understand that it is the Easter Weekend.

The situation is certainly not random for me, in terms of trying to connect and race .. although Errors 503, 2228, 12002 & 12007 .. seem to be. I think I've only had a single occurrence, maybe 2, .. of each one of them, .. specifically yesterday (Friday).

On Monday (before the update), .. I think I loaded up R3E about 3 or 4 times, .. and on none of those occasions did I experience any of the issues I am experiencing at the moment. Only since the update have I experienced these issues.

It might be related to latency, .. as I am in South Africa, .. and my Ping times to Europe are about 200ms, .. so, I'm sure that is compounding the problem. Latency might account for some of the randomness that others are experiencing.

Purchased content might be another factor, .. as I own 98% of the available content, .. which I'm sure the Server(s) are checking/verifying when I try to logon, .. and when I Race (verification of purchased Cars and Tracks etc..) Again , .. this might account for the randomness, .. as those guys with lesser content don't have as many checks and balances.

Obviously, this is speculation on my part.

Hope you guys get back from your hols, refreshed, .. and full of clever ideas to resolve these issues. :)

Cheers
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1