Problem Error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Semus, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just installed this game via Steam and cannot seem to log in at all.

I keep getting error 503.

Any idea what's going on?

I tried verifying game cache, and that had no affect.

My mouse also moves over to the right side of the screen for no reason, but I think this has to do with multiple game inputs or something. I'm more worried about why I can't even play the game atm.

2. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am still getting error 503

Does anyone have any clue as to how I can fix this? I just paid over $100 to play this game, and I can't even log in.

Anyone?

3. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    You timing is a bit unlucky that's all, Sector 3 is updating Raceroom with the new content and patches, when steam updates the client everything should become in working order again.

I'm updating the client just now...

4. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ServerĀ“s seem totally to be running at limit.
    Tried to purchase the Nordschleife a few times but the store always shows "Error 503"...will try it later again...

5. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

There is a bit of heavy traffic and load going on at the moment so you may experience connection error 503 or 2104 unfortunately.

We are investigating to see what has caused the spike and will try to solve the issue.

6. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    No problem Sonat, was already waiting for that just cuz of high traffic after release of update ;)

7. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    We just took the servers down for a few minutes to try and solve the heavy load issue. I'll let you guys know once it's back up.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    The servers are back up but looks like out attempt didn't solve the load :( We'll keep investigating.

9. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Please do. I've been trying to log in since yesterday with zero luck.

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I see this 503 very relaxed. If not today, I'll buy tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Experiencing the last big releases and updates, I had a notion this could happen.
    But a weekend coming up and then one week at home. I'll have time enough to enjoy and praise content and team of r3e, always having an ear to the community.
    Thanks in advance for many exciting hours to come.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Benny7881

Benny7881 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
  12. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    This is not WoW, ~750 Players are causing too much traffic? Sorry thats rediculous.

13. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This seems a bit odd to me, as well. I don't quite understand how a server could hit max load with this many people. Time for an upgrade, perhaps?

Still getting error 503 by the way. I don't know when this is going to stop, but I didn't pay over $100 so that I could sit here and wait for my turn to play.

14. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Almost every time or even every time after an update we cant start the game. I can understand your issues as I am a software developer myself but if you cant handle the connection issues make an offline mode. It is extremely annoying and will scare off customers. I already bought the Nordschleife and I own most of the content but it wont take much that I will just delete this game forever.

This is by far my worst experience with a game in that regard.

Other than that you do a fantastic job with your content and I wouldnt even mind to pay twice what you are asking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't mind paying good money for good content. I mind paying good money for good content I can't play.

I understand server issues. I also understand down time to update servers or maintenance. This comes with every single online game these days. It's fairly standard.

With that said, having to wait my turn because a server can't handle the amount of people playing... this is something else entirely.

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Aren't those the same things?

17. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How are they the same?

Not being able to handle enough players, and server issues (crashing/network problems) are completely different.

If you're suggesting that issues are issues, then we're talking semantics. I'm being a bit more specific than that.

18. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I guess I just put high load usage, under server issues that will come up.

I just look at it like any service that is always online, like R3e chose to do, will get massive load spikes.

19. Semus

Semus New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, I agree with you there.

Still, it seems to me that if their servers are hitting max load every time there's an update like this, maybe it's time to upgrade...

20. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

Ohhh, yeah for sure. Long over due.